Infinite Reality's LED Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Randomly came across some new LEDs I've personally never seen or heard of before, but they claim to be Samsung brand and 2-3x brighter than 5050 SMD's. Figured what the hell and ordered them, fingers are crossed. I should hopefully have the 194's in 1-3 days it says so I'll get to compare them to the 5050's I have now and if they are indeed whiter and brighter, I'll order another set for the license plate lights since they're the same length and width.

194 map & license plate lights
Samsung White LED T10 921 License Plate Interior SMD Light Bulbs Bulb High Power | eBay

42mm dome light
One White Error Free 1 72" 211 2 578 Samsung SMD LED Dome Trunk Cargo Light Bulb | eBay

I am going to order these for my interior...have you installed yours yet?

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

it says they are not compatible with the Raptor...is this correct?

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
According to the dimensions they give, they should be a direct swap with stock bulbs or as in my case "old style" LEDs. I for see no issues, but IMO I'd wait and let me test the 194's out, looking back it seems I've ordered from this seller before and took 3 days to get them, if that's the case I could have by saturday...or monday at latest.

They claim 2-3x brighter and whiter than ones like I have now, I'll confirm this since could just be a waste of $

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to the dimensions they give, they should be a direct swap with stock bulbs or as in my case "old style" LEDs. I for see no issues, but IMO I'd wait and let me test the 194's out, looking back it seems I've ordered from this seller before and took 3 days to get them, if that's the case I could have by saturday...or monday at latest.

They claim 2-3x brighter and whiter than ones like I have now, I'll confirm this since could just be a waste of $

Thanks...I will wait to see what you think...Is it hard to pull the covers off? I was looking and started pulling it and felt I might break something...

I did not even attempt to screw with the Vanity mirrors...but want to replace those as well...

Fred

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Thanks...I will wait to see what you think...Is it hard to pull the covers off? I was looking and started pulling it and felt I might break something...

I did not even attempt to screw with the Vanity mirrors...but want to replace those as well...

Fred

Nah, all the interior covers were cake to remove. The license plate light was the worst of everything but wasn't horrible by any means.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, all the interior covers were cake to remove. The license plate light was the worst of everything but wasn't horrible by any means.

That is good to know...since I already did the plate lights...i just know I am going to get frustrated and pull the headliner down...

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed the Dome light recently. I'm not sure why it's not making a perfect connection. Every once in awhile I have to smack it to turn on. I have another bulb I can try. Maybe a little dielectric grease.

License plates are next!

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed the Dome light recently. I'm not sure why it's not making a perfect connection. Every once in awhile I have to smack it to turn on. I have another bulb I can try. Maybe a little dielectric grease.

License plates are next!

I had that happen with my marker lights when I swapped for LEDs...I eventually just put in another one at it was fine...and smacking it works for a lot of things too...