Increase turbo noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

northerner77

Reaction score
Hey all, been loving the new truck, only have about 700 miles on it. There isn’t much I don’t like about this truck. I drive this as my daily so I don’t want to get to overboard with performance upgrades that will further degrade mpg. One question, what are the best ways to increase the sound coming from the turbos? Is the CAI the first move and does that mess with my warranty? Appreciate it! Oh also, not thinking about the blow off valve, I don’t want that kind of noise....

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think adding downpipes or a “turbo adapter” (whatever that is- I think like a spacer that does something w/ the airflow) or a different waste gate can all amplify/Affect the turbos sound.

Hell
Maybe even a CAI would increase it a bit not sure....I’m new to turbo’d vehicles always been a V8 guy previously.

I do like the quieter exhaust note for a change & like hearing the turbos spool so if you can enhance the sound a lil bit I’d be interested in knowing how as well- I’m pretty sure all the stuff I mention above can enhance the sound I’m just not certain to what degree & what the positive &/or negative effects would be one way or the other

OP
OP
N

northerner77

Reaction score
Ok, seriously. What do you guys got for this? I think the CAI does help but is that about it? What is this turbo adapter I am hearing about?