In-Vehicle Technology Team

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sidelock

Reaction score
Hi,
Glad to have someone to ask questions.
Copied my music as mp3 into folders on my Mac then copied folders to a flash drive. Installed flash drive in console slot in my 2013 Screw. MFT/sync claims it can't read the "unrecognized" files. Please help, I can't play my stuff. Many thanks.

SHAI HULUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Jaclyn!

Very nice to be getting this kind of attention from Ford! My suggestions: Off Road Nav & TPMS visual display of individual tire pressures on dash display screen or in Truck Apps. Thank you for listening!

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome. Question for you. I have a 2013 and I own a Samsung Note 2. When I sync my phone with the truck, sometimes the truck will read incoming text and sometimes it does not. I have even unpaired my phone and started the process over again and then Sync sees my text for a day or 2 then I run into the same issues again. Any ideas?

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome. Question for you. I have a 2013 and I own a Samsung Note 2. When I sync my phone with the truck, sometimes the truck will read incoming text and sometimes it does not. I have even unpaired my phone and started the process over again and then Sync sees my text for a day or 2 then I run into the same issues again. Any ideas?

Same question I brought up, but mine is a Galaxy S3 and have the same issue

GTXgp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will reiterate what others have said, more functionality on the DIC or MFT to display tire pressure, digital speedo, etc is essential in a truck of this stature.

Mogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Jaclyn!

Very nice to be getting this kind of attention from Ford! My suggestions: Off Road Nav & TPMS visual display of individual tire pressures on dash display screen or in Truck Apps. Thank you for listening!

Agreed on all the attention from Ford lately. I think I've seen that we have three new members including Jaclyn here that are from Ford Service?

Also agree on the more information displayed on the in-dash or MFT screens. Kind of sad to see that transmission temp is the only little tid bit that they give us.

Here's hoping for a BCM update released through the dealers that would add some functionality.

OP
OP
FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

When is the Raptor going to have a built in off-road nav system, similar to the Lawrance unit, so we can side load maps and routes?
Oh, and welcome.

Hi, vanilla_gorilla -

I can't speculate on that, but it sounds like a cool idea. Share it with us here:

www.Social.Ford.com

Welcome to the forum.

Please help us with some sort of way of monitoring our tire pressures either through MFT or the dash display screen.

Hey, BABaracus -

I'll certainly pass your feedback along.

Welcome aboard.

The DIC is so under utilized is silly, my only complaint.

Send me a PM with what you'd like to see and I'll pass along your feedback as well, TheJoker.

Please Ford Santa make MFT play nicer with the iphone

Hi, Txfight00 -

Which feature are you having an issue with?

Welcome.

And while I do love the MFT/Sync setup in my 2014, I do hate that it always stops working with txt messages. When I sync it the txt option works with my Galaxy S3. Then later when I go to utilize it I get the txt messages not supported message when it had been working then just stops.

Hey, SilentShooter -

Try turning your Bluetooth off and back on before entering your vehicle.

Hi Jaclyn,

Thanks for being here and helping us out. I know Ford has stated they are going to support Apple's CarPlay on future models. Will MFT on my 2013 Raptor see an update to allow this anytime soon?

Apple's new CarPlay... I realize the Ford Marketing Machine would not allow you to disclose plans not already disclosed to the media, but my question is simply whether or not it is technically feasible to implement on current MFT should Ford decide that someday? Or can we current MFT owners just bury that pipe dream and move on to the next?
Oh, and welcome!

Hi, oxfordraptor & dfelicia -

We're working to integrate Apple’s CarPlay in the future. We will continue to work with Apple, Microsoft and many other technology companies to develop and continuously improve our in-car connectivity systems.

Hi Jaclyn, it's nice to meet you and have you here.

I'm afraid your boss(es) have opened Pandora's box by having you join us. We've got lots of questions and issues :Good or Bad: and we need more help than even you can provide :party36:

From day 1 of the Raptor this vehicle deserved to have a NAV that worked...dare I say it? Off road

Please tell the powers that be (can you send Alan Mulally an email for us?) that this truck goes off road and needs its NAV to have those kinds of capabilities.

Thanks and I hope to see you here again as this thread could go to the dark side at any moment :Insane:

Hi, WhatExit -

Ford Social is the best place to share your thoughts on off-roading maps:

www.Social.Ford.com

Once an idea is posted, others can vote on it. I know vanilla_gorilla has your back. :)

Welcome!

First question… Why did you guys abandon everyone with the initial Sync system? I have a 2012, it's disappointing that there aren't software updates to resolve issues. MFT came out and all of us were left in the dust!

Hi, cayenne -

None of the systems have been abdomen. Engineering is always working on future updates, but I can't speculate on what they'll entail. If you're having issues with your other vehicle, I'm happy to look into it. Shoot me the details in a PM.

Hi,
Glad to have someone to ask questions.
Copied my music as mp3 into folders on my Mac then copied folders to a flash drive. Installed flash drive in console slot in my 2013 Screw. MFT/sync claims it can't read the "unrecognized" files. Please help, I can't play my stuff. Many thanks.

I'm happy to look into this further, sidelock. Where do you download music from? Are you using a password-protect thumb drive?

Welcome Jaclyn!

Thanks, SHAI HULUD -

This sounds like a popular topic! Like I told vanilla_gorilla and WhatExit, Ford Social is definitely the place to share this:

www.Social.Ford.com

Hi, Raptor911 -

I mention a Bluetooth cycle to SilentShooter. Before getting in your truck, try turning the Bluetooth off and back on.

Agreed on all the attention from Ford lately. I think I've seen that we have three new members including Jaclyn here that are from Ford Service?

Also agree on the more information displayed on the in-dash or MFT screens. Kind of sad to see that transmission temp is the only little tid bit that they give us.

Here's hoping for a BCM update released through the dealers that would add some functionality.

That's correct, Mogo! I'm here to support In-Vehicle Technology, and then we have a rep from the Customer Relationship Center, and Ford of Canada.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, please don't hesitate to send me a PM. I'm off on the weekends, but I'll be back Monday morning.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer Jaclyn. I already read that though :signs8: Was hoping to squeeze a bit more out of you as in backwards compatibility with MFT assuming a firmware/software update would allow it in the future. Guess i'll have to wait and see.