In-Vehicle Technology Team

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK ... I think I have resolved my issue (Sync would never read my text as it keeps telling me my Samsung Note 2 does not support this bluetooth function). For the record, turning my bluetooth on and off does nothing.

However I have been doing this instead for 3 weeks and it seems to have resolved my issue. Before leaving my house I turn off wifi and turn on Blutooth. When I start my Raptor 1 minute later, Sync seems to sync fine with my phone and all is good. So for anyone using a samsung phone, try turning off your wifi and then turn on your bluetooth about one min before getting into your truck.

Hi, Raptor911 -

I mention a Bluetooth cycle to SilentShooter. Before getting in your truck, try turning the Bluetooth off and back on.

Raptor_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone -

My name is Jaclyn and I work for the Ford In-Vehicle Technology Team.

I've been participating in various forums for the past 3-years, and am now happy to be a part of yours!

I'm here to help with SYNC, MyFord Touch, and navigation-related inquiries.

Please don't hesitate to give to me a shout if you have any questions.

Jaclyn

Hi. When Ford gets rid of SYNC, will you replace mine for free?

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my Samsung S4 does some strange things. It seems to pair up with my '10 Raptor pretty much every time.
But gets real glitchy in the wife's '11 FX4. I have to do the same thing- turn the Bluetooth off, then back on. After this little dance, it will pair with the '11. It gets along with our '13 Escape the best.
So, what the hell?

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Jaclyn, I have a question here on the 2014 touch display.

That is, when the front door opens, the touch display comes on, I don't see the points to have it on when you only opening the door to grab something. Is there anyway to make it NOT comes on when only doors open?

Thanks!

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jayden
Been trying to get my 4year iPod to work with the sync. I tried the USB/head phone cable the sync did not recognize it. Oh ya I have a '13. Bought a head phone to red white and yellow av cable got great sound but no video. Also I can not control the I pod with the wheel controls or the head unit. I us the same iPod in my FJ with the after market pioneer NAV unit and it charges the iPod.

What an I doing wrong. What cable do I need