In-Vehicle Technology Team

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the Raptors nav should be disconnected from the wheel speed sensor so when we run larger tires the nav doesn't go all crazy and put you in a field on the other side of the road.

I don't think tires size would affect placement of your truck on the Nav, it's based on GPS.

I'm assuming your running a Tune, yes?

Otherwise the time to arrival to destination will be off.
Speedometer will be off too. Not to mention shift points.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next is the front camera, the logic for this is poor. There is numerous times in which I want to know what's in front of the truck but why do I have to be in 4 Low/lockers on and in off road mode? Even if I were to park up to another vehicle, building, etc or know we're the front painted parking line is it would be nice to just enable the camera, oh wait let me put it in 4 lo/off road mode with lockers to see the front camera in a paved parking lot...

I agree it's a pain.. but you don't have to be in 4wd low or even 4wd. It just requires off-road mode & the locker on, then just enable the camera from the dash menu.

Thanks, but likely my long winded post made you miss it! :biggrin:

+1 Just search this forum for "nav-tv" to see how many of us are paying good money to control the front camera. It's incredibly useful for parking in close quarters.

Thanks, I looked into that previously and will likely buy if Ford doesn't offer an update soon, really don't care about DVD's/other, just about easily enabling the front camera.
I see the 2015's will have a 360° camera system "This available four-camera system lets you to see all four sides of the truck, stitches the images together and displays them on a center stack screen for a bird’s-eye view of the truck and surrounding area. It’s great for maneuvering in tight parking spaces, job sites and trails." If click on link scroll ~3/4 down, the info is just below "Technology that works."

Come on Ford, please allow us to enable our front camera's!

Putting it in 4 Lo/Off-road with lockers is hard on a truck on pavement if your doing any turning. So being able to enable it without such off road tactics would be much more effective and even your 2015 team agrees...
I'd be willing to even pay a reasonable fee for such say $50, put I'd be that much more a Ford fan if you did it for free/sent out a software update to allow us to do it.

Last edited:

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When will Ford release a worldwide map for MFT? There are other systems available for MFT in the other Ford vehicles but because the Raptor is North American specific, there isn't a map? I can tell you that I've seen at least 10 different Raptors while I've been stationed in Europe. Not to mention all the ones on the Arabian Peninsula while I've been deployed.

SARaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Help needed. I have a 2014 raptor equipped with navigation. My issue is my "location" is almost always off. Is there a way to calibrate/adjust my location. It is pretty frustrating, never had this issue in my 2011 Raptor. Thanks in advance for your help.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Help needed. I have a 2014 raptor equipped with navigation. My issue is my "location" is almost always off. Is there a way to calibrate/adjust my location. It is pretty frustrating, never had this issue in my 2011 Raptor. Thanks in advance for your help.

Same shit happened to me. Search my old threads about GPS. The dealer has to do a hard reset.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner