Ideas for brake upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NWFreerider

Reaction score
I did full stainless lines and Castrol SRF fluid and it made a big difference in pedal firmness and stopping distance.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been pointed out before that the current brakes have no problem locking up the tires; i.e., unless you start with the tires any sense of performance you get from this stuff is just magical thinking.

NWFreerider

Reaction score
Ordered them from SDHQ. I had 4Wheel Parts do the install while my truck was getting 4.56s installed.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been using centric rotors that are double drilled and slotted from rotorworks in garden grove, ca on all my cars and trucks for years. stock pads on the trucks. my dealer even puts them on for free. they said it is easier and faster to change the rotor then to turn the old rotor.

biggest prob i see is the stock brakes fade in heavy traffic. as other have said, they lock up and pulse if slammed. the dds rotors lock up a lil faster, but dissipate heat better.

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the R1 BBk for 20" wheels coming but they told me they also make a BBk for the stock wheels that includes rotors, calipers, lines, etc.