I should jump on this quick right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I understand how the area works as I'm in O&G. I can tell you having 31 of them in stock is not a good thing, no matter where you are located.

You think 31 is bad, dealer by me has 78!!!

But that's the way he does things. In early 2017 he had 50 on the lot when Raptors were really hard to come by. He buys them off other dealers across the country and marks them up.

Seems to be working for him because he keeps doing it. Had 50 2018s a few months ago, just before the 2019s came out. Now he's down to 11. Biggest Ford dealership in the region, so he seems to know something the keyboard jockeys on FRF don't.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Seems to be working for him because he keeps doing it. Had 50 2018s a few months ago, just before the 2019s came out. Now he's down to 11. Biggest Ford dealership in the region, so he seems to know something the keyboard jockeys on FRF don't.
That's right. He who controls the Raptor, controls the future.

I would imagine if they are hoarding Raptors, other dealers would have to trade other vehicles, or a pair, to get their hands on one from these guys, possibly at a slight premium. Then they would have a little more meat on the bone when they sell whatever they traded the Raptor for. Seems plausible.

skerzz

Reaction score
You think 31 is bad, dealer by me has 78!!!

But that's the way he does things. In early 2017 he had 50 on the lot when Raptors were really hard to come by. He buys them off other dealers across the country and marks them up.

This strategy will work for the dealers until it doesn't (i.e. production catches up with demand) and dealer is stuck with trucks they purchased over invoice from other dealers while market price is at/around invoice. I know from first hand experience that dealers in Minnesota and Louisiana are already dipping into holdback to move their 2019 Raptors. Kinda like folks gobbling up investment homes in 2004 - 2006; they looked smart until they didn't.