I find this excessive(dealer related)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been in contact with a dealership about ordering a Raptor for over a week now. We both settled on a price and I'm gonna sell my car privately, but through the dealership so I can get the tax savings(over $3500). Here is where the problem arises. I told him I'd give him $500 as a deposit to order the truck and he said the dealership requires a $1000 NON REFUNDABLE "partial payment" as a deposit. I said no, as I dont like the non refundable part. I told him what if something between now and when the truck arrives I cant take possession due to unforseable circumstances that I have no control over. I'm out $1000? Not fair. I told him they can still sell the truck with no problems. Then he said something about the truck being a specific truck that customers like a certain way and blah,blah,blah........I told him its a black raptor, the most popular color, it'll sell easily. I then offered $500 non refundable and $500 refundable deposit. He told me his manager has instructed him to end negotiations and hope a local dealer can accomidate me. WTF? You mean your manager is gonna turn down a $50K deal for $500? Pretty ******* stupid. I'm sure if the owner knew about this he'd be livid. I know I would be.

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sucks Stingray. I agree that guy is ******* for sweating $500 on a $50k deal. Typical cars salesman. Its cool man. Give your business to another dealer.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I don't know about NY but in Oklahoma they can call it whatever they want, refundable/ nonrefundable deposit but if you don't take possession they have to give you the money back.

nold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
non-refundable??? that is BS. Just shop around go to a different dealership since you want Black and its pretty common color for a Raptor. I just dont like to hear tha non-refundable part since all the options are pretty standard anyways and its not that they cant sell it

OP
OP
Stingray23

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do I go by where the dealership is located or by my own states laws when it comes to refunding the deposit?

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

I'd like to call the owner and let him know

nold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you ask for a different sales guy :) maybe that guy is just being a d!@#$

OP
OP
Stingray23

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I cant imagine him telling me on his own, his manger had to have said that. I wonder what the owner would say if he found out? hmmmm........