GEN 1 I expect Gen 1 Raptors to hold their value or maybe even tick up with the new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shakenbake

Reaction score
Was just offered $50146 for my '13 with 56k on it. But it's easy to walk away from that amount because there is no alternative for me...

out of curiosity, was this a dealer or private offer? i hear the dealers are offering quite a bit more in cali.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
out of curiosity, was this a dealer or private offer? i hear the dealers are offering quite a bit more in cali.

Dealer offer but what I didn't fully disclose was the dealer wanted to get me in to a new King Ranch and I never sat down for an actual deal so who truly knows. Its my believe had I taken the offer it would have been for real.

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who cares? I mob mine. Born in Baja? Yes! Mall crawler, no.
If I ever sell, whoever gets mine gets an extremely well maintained AND used truck.
That is what it was built for.

Last edited:

shakenbake

Reaction score
Who cares? I mob mine. Born in Baja? Yes! Mall crawler, no.
If I ever sell, whoever gets mine gets an extremely well maintained AND used truck.
That is what was built for.

true story. i see a few raptors here that are built out but never driven. not sure if it's a shame or just some image conscious owner who wants to look cool. if i bought a used raptor after owning one theres no way i would think that sucker hasn't been run hard. this truck is built to last.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I keep seeing in threads that the new truck isn't SVT, which isn't 100% accurate.

"SVT" no longer exists and is instead a part of Ford Performance. The G2 Raptor is most certainly a member of the Ford Performance lineup just like the Focus RS, GT and others.

So other than three letters, the SVT thing really isn't a thing, because the team still exists under the Ford performance umbrella.

You can read more below, but if anyone thinks the G2 truck isn't special, they're wrong.

As far as value goes, I certainly hope they hold their value, but everything drops a bit when something new and sexy is out. It certainly seems like Ford did a nice job on the new truck.

https://social.ford.com/content/for...performance-lineup-poised-for-a-big-year.html

Last edited:

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had my dealer offer to buy my truck back several times for the same price I paid. Said they have lot of requests for Raptors. I'm not interested, but it is nice to know if I ever needed to, I would have no trouble selling for a decent price.

I do think they will depreciate a little faster though when the new ones are available. But will always hold better value than your average SUV.

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I keep seeing in threads that the new truck isn't SVT, which isn't 100% accurate.

"SVT" no longer exists and is instead a part of Ford Performance. The G2 Raptor is most certainly a member of the Ford Performance lineup just like the Focus RS, GT and others.

So other than three letters, the SVT thing really isn't a thing, because the team still exists under the Ford performance umbrella.

You can read more below, but if anyone thinks the G2 truck isn't special, they're wrong.

As far as value goes, I certainly hope they hold their value, but everything drops a bit when something new and sexy is out. It certainly seems like Ford did a nice job on the new truck.

https://social.ford.com/content/for...performance-lineup-poised-for-a-big-year.html

Do NOT even get me started about this, at all. SVT is now Ford Performance-- Yeah laugh my f'en arse off. Ford is a globalist elitest POS company who feels like they are the be all end all of Performance. Well since I know the morons in Ford client care read these here forums. I am going on a rant. I had a deposit down on the new RS, until it became apparent that I was not going to get the car. I ended up with a white 16 STI instead and for the money it has front and rear LSDs, aluminum control arms, and a locking front and rear differential that actually locks 100 percent and not a RDU.

They can not even assemble the cars correctly in order to meet demands. While companies like Subaru Honda and BMW invest in America, companies like Ford continue to move over seas. I have no love for what Ford IS and ARE becoming. Maybe that was FORDs vision, but I will NEVER EVER buy one of their newer products and the all the creativity and insight of Ford left the company when they disbanded the GT40 team and dissolved SVT putting it into Ford Performance which in itself is a JOKE.

I love my STI and here is a pic Ford, sit an dSPIN.

Attachments

• DSC00647.jpg
    DSC00647.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 81

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do NOT even get me started about this, at all. SVT is now Ford Performance-- Yeah laugh my f'en arse off. Ford is a globalist elitest POS company who feels like they are the be all end all of Performance. Well since I know the morons in Ford client care read these here forums. I am going on a rant. I had a deposit down on the new RS, until it became apparent that I was not going to get the car. I ended up with a white 16 STI instead and for the money it has front and rear LSDs, aluminum control arms, and a locking front and rear differential that actually locks 100 percent and not a RDU.

They can not even assemble the cars correctly in order to meet demands. While companies like Subaru Honda and BMW invest in America, companies like Ford continue to move over seas. I have no love for what Ford IS and ARE becoming. Maybe that was FORDs vision, but I will NEVER EVER buy one of their newer products and the all the creativity and insight of Ford left the company when they disbanded the GT40 team and dissolved SVT putting it into Ford Performance which in itself is a JOKE.

I love my STI and here is a pic Ford, sit an dSPIN.

:specialed: