Humvee21's 1,285 mile review & spring cleaning!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GvegasRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, what do you wanna know?

Thank you. Sorry to hear you're having the same problem. I took it to the dealer yesterday, but they told me I had to bring it back and leave it for a day. I am almost sure that it is the glue spots that are sticking and unsticking between the black sheet and the door.IMG_0874.jpg

A temporary fix is to tap the window down button just so the window comes down just a tiny bit (so that it's still closed). This will get rid of most of the ticking, but when you hit rougher roads it'll still tick.

Very Interesting I hear a tick in my drivers door as well. I was wondering what that was.

2barph

Reaction score
I traded in a perfectly good 2011 f150 Limited for my 2012 Raptor. The Raptor is better in every way. However if this "ticking" develops I will be upset. I expect rattles and such from this beast, but what you guys are speaking of sounds unacceptable from Ford and SVT.

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like your family is big on Audis. Surprised you didn't end up with a new S5 or something.

Hahahahaha! Nice one

Audis? Thats a bentley and a gallardo

Don't mind him. He's just saying that since VW group owns VW, Audi, Lambo, Bentley, etc... it's an "Audi." It's true to some extent. For example, the Lambo's navigation system came from Audi (which is absolute garbage btw). However, nothing from the Bentley was borrowed from Audi except for German manufacturing.

RELBUS

Reaction score
19 and a 50k truck!? Did you mention you also have a benz?

WOW. Go give your folks a hug!

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
HEHEHEHEHEHE----this Raptor has never even needed the 4wd to be used. Kind of doubt that Ford would target the OP for opinions on the truck. If you think that you look cool driving it then that is what is important.

OP
OP
Humvee21

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
19 and a 50k truck!? Did you mention you also have a benz?

WOW. Go give your folks a hug!

Nah the Mercedes was sold to pay for the truck.

HEHEHEHEHEHE----this Raptor has never even needed the 4wd to be used. Kind of doubt that Ford would target the OP for opinions on the truck. If you think that you look cool driving it then that is what is important.

You don't need 4wd for many things. If I took this truck to the places the Hummer has gone then yeah I'd need it. But I don't intend to so 4wd is more of a luxury rather than a necessity. I honestly don't care if I look stupid in the truck. I couldn't care less about other people's bad opinions about me. The truck is badass and a hell of a lot of fun to drive. The bed is very handy when I need it. And finally I get a hitch to hook up toys.