How to Verify Dealer Has Allocation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Agswin

Reaction score
Hello all, been following this forum for a few months, but this is my 1st post. Had an allocation with a build of 1/9 at MSRP with Bluebonnet Ford in New Braunfels. I have a relationship with the dealer and wasn't charged any sort of deposit or anything but in turn dealer didn't provide a VIN or window sticker or any sort of follow up.

Changed my mind recently and want a SCAB instead of a SCREW and let the truck go that is supposed to get to dealer in the next couple weeks. The dealer stated that they currently do not have an allocation but I am free to send hm my build and he figures that it will be a May delivery.

I plan on sending out feelers to try to find a dealer with an allocation sooner than that that is willing to sell at MSRP.

My question is, how do I confirm that the dealer has an actual allocation and is not just saying he does, in order to take my deposit and wait for an allocation to become available? As I stated I have not gone through the formal process on the first truck, so I don't know how to confirm that when I give a deposit (if they require one) that I actually have the allocation and not just holding my place in line.

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
allocations

Hello all, been following this forum for a few months, but this is my 1st post. Had an allocation with a build of 1/9 at MSRP with Bluebonnet Ford in New Braunfels. I have a relationship with the dealer and wasn't charged any sort of deposit or anything but in turn dealer didn't provide a VIN or window sticker or any sort of follow up.

Changed my mind recently and want a SCAB instead of a SCREW and let the truck go that is supposed to get to dealer in the next couple weeks. The dealer stated that they currently do not have an allocation but I am free to send hm my build and he figures that it will be a May delivery.

I plan on sending out feelers to try to find a dealer with an allocation sooner than that that is willing to sell at MSRP.

My question is, how do I confirm that the dealer has an actual allocation and is not just saying he does, in order to take my deposit and wait for an allocation to become available? As I stated I have not gone through the formal process on the first truck, so I don't know how to confirm that when I give a deposit (if they require one) that I actually have the allocation and not just holding my place in line.

If the salesman's lips are moving he is lying!

Sorry just couldn't help it! There is no way to tell if the dealer has a allocation.

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I would not be so sure if you order now you'll get it in may. People in July stilll have not gotten their orders and most in October have not still.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try Jenkin and wynne ford dealer in Clarksville Tennessee. When I inquired on the 3rd, the sales lady said they had allocations still, but did not tell me if they were being sold at MSRP. Their number is 931-538-7556. I took the last allocation at my dealer last week at msrp so they are still out there just hard to find.

Also, I was getting emails and calls from big city dealers that were marking up. It seemed the dealers "out in the sticks and off the beaten path" were giving the best deals.

Good luck.

ironpeddler

Reaction score
my local dealer told me that if I were to place an order now it would not get here till August. And I am still thinking about doing it.

Merlin69

Reaction score
my local dealer told me that if I were to place an order now it would not get here till August. And I am still thinking about doing it.

I put a order and deposit in 1/4/17 for a MSRP truck and was told the same. Wouldn't be here until July/August. Weird how all these other posts are being told so much sooner. Who knows what to believe? I guess it's worth the wait for no mark up.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I put a order and deposit in 1/4/17 for a MSRP truck and was told the same. Wouldn't be here until July/August. Weird how all these other posts are being told so much sooner. Who knows what to believe? I guess it's worth the wait for no mark up.

Apparently, people want the trucks that dealership have in inventory, and are willing to pay more for them. I would just order one and wait the 4 or 5 months.

ironpeddler

Reaction score
I just want the carbon fiber package and there is a few month wait just for that I believe.

But I am willing to wait. I had been looking on dealer lots but have yet to find one truck that is specced the way I want. SO wait a few months and get it exactly how I want it. I just wonder by then if they will be selling for less than MSRP.