GEN 2 How to get rid of "Network Connection Needed" prompt?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

discowagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This prompt started coming up recently within the past two weeks, I've attempted numerous times with no luck. I went to my local dealership last week for an unrelated issue and the SA said that I needed to leave the truck overnight for the update to complete. Needed the truck over the weekend so I didn't end up leaving it. SA also suggested that I try at home and make sure the truck is connected to my home wifi, tried this also (450mbps internet), still no luck. Any help would be appreciated!

[UPDATE]: Save yourself the trouble and annoyance and go to the Ford site to update the Sync 3 system via USB, much faster and more reliable!

https://owner.ford.com/

HZo5PJo.jpg

Last edited:

gto19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go into settings ,general scroll down to automatic system updates and turn it off

Go into settings scroll over .Go to WiFi and turn system WiFi off

One of those settings will hopefully turn that message off

brianh87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the exact same thing. I don't understand why it just won't update at home? If you find anything else out, let us know. I guess I may end up just turning everything off.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to do the USB update twice because I missed a step. The warning went away.

Do recall the steps... and the one you missed?

I insert the usb, and it says “update” or something at the top, but thats it. Left it in for an hour. Tried a couple times.

BushwiickBill

Reaction score
You'll still get that "Network Connection Needed" even if you have the latest Sync 3 software version (3.3). I have the latest Sync software installed and still get the message. I believe, I read in another thread that Ford was aware of this issue and it will be fixed in a future update. gto19's instructions should disable it if it's bothering you but I then you might not be alerted to an updated software release so you'll have to check owner.ford.com (can't remember if FordPass.app will alert you) if a software update is available.

Go into settings ,general scroll down to automatic system updates and turn it off

Go into settings scroll over .Go to WiFi and turn system WiFi off

One of those settings will hopefully turn that message off

Shaved Ice

Reaction score
Do recall the steps... and the one you missed?

I insert the usb, and it says “update” or something at the top, but thats it. Left it in for an hour. Tried a couple times.
It was one of the steps while uploading the file to the USB. I am on my phone with no access to my Mac that I used for the upload so I can’t remember the exact issue. I do remember I erased and formatted the USB, downloaded the file again, unzipped, moved the .exe file out of the folder but still on the USB. When I put the USB in the truck, it uploaded automatically. I did leave my truck motor running until it finished. I then went back and confirmed the download on the website using the confirmation code. The update warning went away and hasn’t come back. Good Luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc