HOW TO: 2011 Resonator Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:waytogo: I got a reply to my email saying the part is not longer available and to ship back for a refund. Are there any aftermarket exhaust systems that also include replacing the resonator?

No catback systems on the market go that far forward.

The American Racing Headers setup does change this section and does away with the resonator section completely and connects to the catback (ARH replaces the y-pipe and resonator section of the OEM exhaust).

ruffstuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And after looking again, for anyone wanting a straight section, you'll have to cut the ball flange off your resonator assembly and make it yourself.
I'm going this route and keeping the my other resonator piece seeing that I was only charged $53 for a part that is has a msrp of $172.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Hey BDRAG where did you get the 44's installed. We're pretty close to each other.

Hey, Yes we are. I am in Plano. I just went to AAA mufler in old Plano, just south of down town on Plano road or Greeinville Ave depending on how old you are. HAhahaaaaa.

Any muffler shop can do it. This place has them in stock, 3" inlet in center and 2 2-1/2 outlets. Pretty short sucker. Make sure wherever you take it that the pipe they fab from the old pipe to the new 44 is not swedged down and stuffed inside. Make them slip it OVER the muffler inlet and over the OEM pipe. They stffed mine inside and it restricted the motor. Gave me a flat spot between 4500 and 5500 rpm. Made them re do it but I paid them an extra $50 to do it to prove it was restricted. It was. So $200 turn key if they don't **** ya around.

This guy cut the old muffler out, made the inlet pipe, made some short adapters for the exit pipes so I could use the OEM tips which I like. SOUNDS GREAT! Get it done and watch the gas gage DROP! HAHahaaaaaa.

We can hook up some time if ya want a listen. Let me know.

BDRAG

17withRAPTOR

Reaction score
I am currently looking at installing a cut out on my 2011 screw. I need advice on wether or not to take out the resonator... Will the cut out still be loud if i install it after the resonator? Need advice asap got cut out in today and have been scratching my head.

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't done it yet myself but I believe most are installing in place of the resonator. If you want to put it back to stock later for some reason you can just cut out the cut out and weld the resonator back in.

17withRAPTOR

Reaction score
I haven't done it yet myself but I believe most are installing in place of the resonator. If you want to put it back to stock later for some reason you can just cut out the cut out and weld the resonator back in.[/QUOTE

About to install cutout its not a weld in though. With the size of the gap left with resonator out it will be a tight fit, so i will probably cut into the resonator somewhat if it don't work right I will just get the resonator delete pipe to put there.

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if you cut the res out you will need more? Or less room for the cutout? Cutting into the Res wont get you any more tube to use I'm pretty sure. Be careful clamping the cutout in if that's what you have planned. There is a lot of exhaust behind that area and the clamps have been known to fail on these trucks if they are driven off road at all.

17withRAPTOR

Reaction score
So if you cut the res out you will need more? Or less room for the cutout? Cutting into the Res wont get you any more tube to use I'm pretty sure. Be careful clamping the cutout in if that's what you have planned. There is a lot of exhaust behind that area and the clamps have been known to fail on these trucks if they are driven off road at all.

Yes not enough pipe had to steel some pipe from inside the resonator and grind down welds to leave enough pipe for clamp in cut out the midpipe is in correct though I will post some pics asap.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

BTW cut out sounds amazing don't listen to what ppl say about them being too loud.

Mayhem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
129_1105_07_o+129_1105_march_2011_rpm_off_road_truck_news+ford_raptor_undercarriage.jpg

What is #12 in this image?