how much different will the standard model '17 F-150s be from the Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gilligan

Reaction score
Standard f-150's only have icons. And raptor has ******** mode for the truck stops

Same/same other than that

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
aside from reading the order sheets - will the regular F-150 with 375HP 470 TQ be more comparable to the Raptor than the '15-16 models?

seems like HP will be lower, but what's compelling you to go Raptor vs a regular F-150 model?

Looks, basically.

:win:

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the new 3.5L is available in the 2017 F-150.... Im def going that route! Get me a SCAB with a 6.5' bed nicely equiped for $45k.... then use that $25k I save and go straight to LT and start spanking 2017 Raptors all over the place :p

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the new 3.5L is available in the 2017 F-150.... Im def going that route! Get me a SCAB with a 6.5' bed nicely equiped for $45k.... then use that $25k I save and go straight to LT and start spanking 2017 Raptors all over the place :p

And you'll still have a regular F150 that will be worth very little if you ever go to sell. I debated doing this with roush parts (to keep warranty) and the resale was chit.

Frame is different, suspension, brakes, motor, exhaust, pretty well everything. I don't doubt you can build as good or better truck but it will cost almost the same and be worth little when you're done.

Last edited:

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And you're still have a regular F150 that will be worth very little if you ever go to sell. I debated doing this with roush parts (to keep warranty) and the resale was chit.

Frame is different, suspension, brakes, motor, exhaust, pretty well everything. I don't doubt you can build as good or better truck but it will cost almost the same and be worth little when you're done.

Maybe... maybe not. I'll know for sure when I can compare a 2017 F-150 and a Raptor side by side. Something tells me aside from cosmetic stuff.... The Frame and power train wont be that drastically different.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe... maybe not. I'll know for sure when I can compare a 2017 F-150 and a Raptor side by side. Something tells me aside from cosmetic stuff.... The Frame and power train wont be that drastically different.

I just looked at both side by side and they are indeed different. Frame and motor wise.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What we know for sure is that the frame is boxed, the obvious suspension differences, body panels, different pistons, diff manifold, larger turbos. It's different for sure.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score

You're on the right track.

Ya, the last gen had "raptor specific" frame too...not much different expect adding some strength in key spots. If you are going LT you will need to strengthen the Raptor frame too.

If you could get a new Raptor for $50,000 then it would make sense. But, when you can buy an F150 and make it into something much better for less, why not? The big reason guys bought the Raptor was it had the 6.2.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

I just looked at both side by side and they are indeed different. Frame and motor wise.

What do you know...get outta here with your Gen 2 fan boi nonsense!!!