How Long Can/Will Your Gen1 Last?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 with 95k on it. Got it at 93k, no issues with it so far. Knock on wood.

I’m with those looking to put as many miles as possible. Hope to hand it over to the son when he’s old enough. Plan to keep forever if possible. These trucks are amazing, couldn’t imagine having anything else!

LT_Liberator

Reaction score
What an awesome post topic.

I currently drive a 2014 Ruby Raptor with 62k miles.
Selling it Monday for a little... "Upgrade."

2013 Red Raptor, Roush Edition with 58k miles. JDM tune/tuner included for when I get "bored" with that. I'm so excited to finally get a supercharged Raptor. I want that smile on my face that I always see on people's faces on YouTube. I want to keep this truck forever. (In fact, I may have to with all the convincing it took to get my wife to agree to this... Lol!)

J. Wolfe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keeping mine forever, I love this truck. The last truck that I bought new before the Raptor I still have. At 41 years old and still going strong, they will both probably outlive me, guess my Son will have to deal with them

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First, love all the replies. It can be treading on dangerous ground, being a Gen2 owner, a 17 and 19, and never having owned a Gen1. I must say, I look at every Gen1 that passes me by. I love the grill on them, I love the side vents, and of course that 6.2 on the doors.

If any of you are familiar with a youtube channel Obsessed Garage, he owned a Gen1 and a Gen2 and when it came time to sell one, guess which one went. Yep, he's still the proud owner of a Gen1.

I've never driven one. When I was first in the market for a Gen2 I saw 2 Gen1's on a dealer lot for sale. i was shocked at how much they were asking for them. They both sold. Next time I see one for sale, I've got to test drive it and feel engine and hear the exhaust note. Or, maybe not, it might spoil the hell out of me.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there's a lot to like about all the different Raptors. The 2010's might be destined for Barrett-Jackson one of these days...

That said, I think the best things about the Gen 1 are...

1. Nanny software can be easily disabled or shut off completely.
2. The suspension can be upgraded to match just about anything in the desert.
3. The motor and it's ability to take a supercharger and go up around a thousand horsepower as long as you can afford it LOL..
4. You're probably the only guy on the block who owns one.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, love all the replies. It can be treading on dangerous ground, being a Gen2 owner, a 17 and 19, and never having owned a Gen1. I must say, I look at every Gen1 that passes me by. I love the grill on them, I love the side vents, and of course that 6.2 on the doors.

If any of you are familiar with a youtube channel Obsessed Garage, he owned a Gen1 and a Gen2 and when it came time to sell one, guess which one went. Yep, he's still the proud owner of a Gen1.

I've never driven one. When I was first in the market for a Gen2 I saw 2 Gen1's on a dealer lot for sale. i was shocked at how much they were asking for them. They both sold. Next time I see one for sale, I've got to test drive it and feel engine and hear the exhaust note. Or, maybe not, it might spoil the hell out of me.

you'll probably just want to keep both lol!

when I traded my 17 Raptor they had the Raptor I currently own, a 13 SCREW in Tuxedo black. had 34,000 miles on it and wanted full MSRP from what the truck was brand new in 2013. I didn't even question it as Gen 1s are still hard to come by, but still I couldn't believe the owner drove it nearly 5 years and took no loss on it. made me wish I had bought one brand new back then, but oh well!

Klavius Morph

Reaction score
I couldn't believe the owner drove it nearly 5 years and took no loss on it. made me wish I had bought one brand new back then, but oh well!

This was the phenomena I was noticing over the three years I spent waiting for the darn prices to drop before buying one. I kept checking the ads and the Raptor resale values never budged! I'd finally had enough and pulled the trigger on mine in Jan. of 2017, figuring that if they held resale that well, it was an even more desirable truck.

No regrets!

Marcus85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took delivery of my '11 in December of 2011, it's lived it's whole life up north Michigan, North Dakota and Minnesota winters. Only found rust on the rocker panels when we removed the the side steps, so paying up the ass right now to restore that, paint fenders and touch up chips in the hood.

Would never sell her, no truck will ever be even half as capable as a Gen 1.

DVRaptor

Reaction score
I bought my 2014 Tux Black SE weekend after Thanksgiving in 2013. The dude who ordered it totally loaded got denied by his wife at the last minute. The sales guy called me because he knew I was looking. Being freshly divorced myself I drove up to Fairfield and bought it that day. Only time I paid sticker and felt like I got a deal.

To me, the thing about the Gen 1 that’s special is that they’ll never make anything that authentically correct ever again. The Gen 1 Raptor is quintessentially badass.

In everything after there will be some compromise, fewer cylinders, reliability, electrification (shudder), aluminum, turbos... something that isn’t what we all know as, “quite right.”

With the 6.2, it’s nearly perfect.

I’ve just crossed 50,000 miles. Can’t count the trips I’ve made to the most remote parts of California and the fun I’ve had in this truck. It amazes me every time. It’s the best money I ever spent. Fortunately it’s not my daily driver so it avoids stupid miles although I’d be happy to drive it every day and did for a while.

Selling this truck would be like selling a ********. Unthinkable. I’ll keep it running as long as I can physically drive. Then, as think of it now, I’d be happy to be buried in it.

Klavius Morph

Reaction score
Selling this truck would be like selling a ********. Unthinkable. I’ll keep it running as long as I can physically drive. Then, as think of it now, I’d be happy to be buried in it.

Thanks for the LOL. :winner_second_h4h:

I considered asking to be buried in mine too, but that'd be a hell of an excavation project to burden my family with. Raptors aren't exactly petite. :eek:)