Houston we have a problem! (the bent frame thread)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
The whole "Ford marketed it this way" defense is not gonna work. Ford said you could do 80-100mph off road......you certainly can and I and many others have. What you have to realize is that those speeds are attainable when the terrain allows, not at all times. Ford vids and pics show the truck jumping, but they're not taking the jumps at 80mph or hitting kickers at high speeds. It is up to the driver to pay attention and use their head when driving high speed off road, the terrain is constantly changing. Just because a Veyron is advertised to do 250mph doesn't mean you do it on a road course.

If you google "raptor bent frame", it's crazy all the talk about it. You gotta love how it's made to sound like it's happened to 100's of trucks:whymewhyme: So 10 (maybe a couple we haven't heard about?) out of what, close to 16,000 now maybe? And that doesn't even include every other F150 with this frame. Love when stuff gets taken out of context.

^^^ But at least there are a few voices of reason out there...

DB06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No offense brother, but those are lessons that don't need to be learned the hard way, mainly cuz someone else has already. Radios and gps's are common sense. Even though I have a military background, these things were made mandatory by my father back when we went hunting. Very least a laminated strip map w compass and important stuff highlighted and familiarized. Granted 200 miles of strip maps is cumbersome, but it's better than nothing

That is exactly the point.....by saying the "hard way". Should not have taken bent frames to learn this. No offense taken.

trailboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of boys on the "z" are a bit touchy if someone calls them out and has the nerve to say the drivers of these damaged Raptors might be responsible for some of the damage-the moderators over there are deleting their post and reprimanding them!

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of boys on the "z" are a bit touchy if someone calls them out and has the nerve to say the drivers of these damaged Raptors might be responsible for some of the damage-the moderators over there are deleting their post and reprimanding them!

I've hard about post being deleted and people being banned for disagreeing with members. I don't know what was said, but you know something is up when post is being deleted and people are being banned.

Last edited:

trailboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BlueSTV, one of the moderators on the "z" site is lurking on this site posing as BlueSTI, one of the biggest complaining fear mongers on the net. BlueSTI you are out of the closet like it or not.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BlueSTV, one of the moderators on the "z" site is lurking on this site posing as BlueSTI, one of the biggest complaining fear mongers on the net. BlueSTI you are out of the closet like it or not.

That's no real secret, he mentioned in a post in this thread.

GRT4DRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've hard about post being deleted and people being banned for disagreeing with members. I don't know what was said, but you know something is up when post is being deleted and people are being banned.

Trust me SVTRay... It was nasty, stupid stuff that was ripe for getting cut. Rants are worthless anywhere. :bawl:<truckin

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Outlaw Raptors is about to make a pre-trip run for the next Raptor gtg. Here is a picture of their bump stop set up which is fair from stock. So keep that in mind if you plan on making the trip.

3f46c32e.jpg

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
idea to help those that do not want to mod their trucks in order to do these runs.

1. These people that are setting this up can do a pre run the night before and flag the bad spots so people can slow down some and not screw up their trucks on a run that they pay to go on...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc