Houston area new guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jamesdh

jamesdh

Reaction score
Dealer emailed on the 28 of June letting me know my Raptor had arrived.
I arrived back in the states on the 7th and went down to pick it up.
They would not budge off the $52,000 price so I told them I would refuse the truck and forfeit my $1000 deposit. They said "OK, Have it your way" and I left.
Got an email yesterday (9th of July) saying they would let me have it for $1000 over invoice so I went down this evening and picked it up.

Outstanding truck.
I must say it will not accelerate like my 5.4L with Troyer tune but it does run OK. (maybe it will loosen up as it gets broken in)

The dealer tried to push an extended warranty, Lo-Jack and multiple paint/dent protections on me. Even going so far as to offer financing at 3.2% lower than my quoted rate!
She did mention that all of those programs could be canceled at a later date.

Took some friends for a ride and all were impressed with the smoothness and quietness of the ride.

Another happy Raptor owner!
Now to find some dirt....

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome home and Congratulations on the new truck!

I got a false alarm call on my truck this past week which sucks. They tell me mine should be in any day now but who knows.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Congrats on your truck!! Here is a link to the thread w/ Texas trails: http://www.svtoffroad.com/showthread.php?325-Texas-Trails Be sure to take a look at the map.

That sucks the dealer gave you the run around. Who was it?

Dealer emailed on the 28 of June letting me know my Raptor had arrived.
I arrived back in the states on the 7th and went down to pick it up.
They would not budge off the $52,000 price so I told them I would refuse the truck and forfeit my $1000 deposit. They said "OK, Have it your way" and I left.
Got an email yesterday (9th of July) saying they would let me have it for $1000 over invoice so I went down this evening and picked it up.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations James!

Ray, we're waiting along with you for your Raptor.

Guys, post some pics and your first impressions once you finally get out of your Raptors :)

OP
OP
jamesdh

jamesdh

Reaction score
The dealer was Joe Myers. I suspect all dealers try to sell you the "extras" to make a little more profit.

I put 100 miles on the truck today running around Houston.
What a blast.
Speed is deceptive in comparison to my 2006. You look down and you're doing 80 before you know it.
Smooth and quiet. Sync is pretty darned cool.
All in all very happy Raptor owner.

My mileage ended at 11mpg which to me is irrelevant. If you're concerned about mileage.. get something else!
Can't wait to get it on the dirt.

Thanks for the links to the trails here in Texas. I'm off for another two weeks. Hope to get it dirty in that time.

James

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The dealer was Joe Myers. I suspect all dealers try to sell you the "extras" to make a little more profit.

I put 100 miles on the truck today running around Houston.
What a blast.
Speed is deceptive in comparison to my 2006. You look down and you're doing 80 before you know it.
Smooth and quiet. Sync is pretty darned cool.
All in all very happy Raptor owner.

My mileage ended at 11mpg which to me is irrelevant. If you're concerned about mileage.. get something else!
Can't wait to get it on the dirt.

Thanks for the links to the trails here in Texas. I'm off for another two weeks. Hope to get it dirty in that time.

James

Great to hear James!

As for the mileage, you're right but I'm sure it will improve a little once it's broken in.