Hot off the presses: Part Deux

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did he live around Union Grove? I may have seen that tractor.

I don't remember, it was 45 years ago and I know Wisconsin like I know the back of your hand. His name was Bob Schattiker(I don't know the spelling). I know that he pulled at the Wisconsin State Fair. It had a big funnel shaped manifold up front with four Holley 850 double pumpers mounted across the top. Exhaust was two big pipes pointed straight up that supposedly shot flames when it was running wide open. No mufflers. It must have been freaking loud.

Edit to add: Pretty funny, I have no idea where he lived, but I can describe the tractor. :)

Edit again: I do remember that Bob lost the farm in one of the recessions, maybe in the '80s. He ended up working for his brother Rollie who started a cow-**** pumping and hauling business after environmental laws forced dairy owners to store their shit in tanks. He'd pump them out and then spray it on fields. He was pretty successful. Rollie was the smart one in that family. Dad had 60 first cousins and they were kinda hard to keep track of ...

Last edited:

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dad's cousin in Wisconsin built a pull tractor with two v8s in series. He decided that was totally inadequate and bought a V12 out of a PT boat for a tractor build. I remember being really impressed when I saw it back in the mid '70s, as I was just old enough to be getting interested in cars. The thing was a monster. Totally useless for actual farm work, of course, but cool as all get out. Probably Bob's grandson is an engineer at FCA. ;)

Think only car with W12:

At the heart of the new Flying Spur is a twin-turbo 6.0-liter W12 engine producing 626 horsepower (467 kilowatts) and 664 pound-feet (900 Newton-meters) of torque as seen in the Bentayga Speed, and channeled to the road via a dual-clutch eight-speed automatic transmission. Even though the car tips the scales at a hefty 2,435 kilograms (5,368 pounds), it’ll still do 0 to 62 mph (100 kph) in a mere 3.8 seconds before topping out at a respectable 207 mph (333 kph).

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dad's cousin in Wisconsin built a pull tractor with two v8s in series. He decided that was totally inadequate and bought a V12 out of a PT boat

So my dad is building a Studebaker with a V12 right now. He has the 4 link rear setup, fatty fenders leaded in and electronics from a 70's Corvette. It's running right now after he found a Bobcat radiator that will keep it cool. It's going to be neat when it's done.

On a side note we see no feasible way to get this motor in my truck and with them stopping production anyway, it would be pointless :)

20181010_124932.jpg IMG_3538.jpg IMG_3541.jpg

Statetraveler

Reaction score
My sources tell me the Ford will never build Rap like my first gen again! Just got her all painted and sexy! Be I am the sourcerer.