Hood Struts/Leak above front crossmember

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grunzen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I broke both of my hood struts when installing my Outlaw light mounts :emotions122: I had to run down to the dealership after looking everywhere for replacements. Apparently only Ford is carrying them right now and they all are in Detroit. So I have a week wait. They run about $30.00 each.

On a another note I had either oil or PS fluid all over the front crossmember. It didn't appear red but with all the dirt I cannot be sure. There was a wet spot on the lower line coming out of the oil cooler(not the hose itself) but most of the wetness was on the opposite side of the crossmember and especially on the hose on top of the crossmember. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm dropping it off at the dealership when I head home on leave next weekend so I'll get it checked out thoroughly then but since the temps dropped and the snow is on the way I'm not crawling back under there this weekend to troubleshoot further.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had power steering pressure hose leak up front... that'd a possibility for you.