Hood Decal- Yeah or Nay?

Cost not being a Factor, do you like the Raptor Hood Decal?

• Yes, I think it looks great on a Raptor!

Votes: 57 64.8%
  • I only like it on certain colors.

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Nope, don't care for the way it looks on any color.

Votes: 16 18.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

triggerfish

Reaction score
I've been talking to a lot of guys about the Raptor Factory Hood decal that comes as a $900 option... I know it is sold in the aftermarket for a lot less, but if price is not a factor and you are only considering the looks of the decal, do you like it or not?

I can honestly say that I think it helps the truck to have a unique look.. and makes it look kind of mean. A few people I've talked to agree, while some don't seem to like it. A dealer actually told me that they have buyers that want to peel the decals off also (probably because of price IMO).

Please keep in mind that I'm only talking about the hood decal, NOT the side decals

Personally, I think it looks great on the Ruby red SE and certain colors.

Also, do you have a hood decal? Or if not, do you want one? And if you have one, do you wish it wasn't on (that it wasn't an installed option when you bought the truck)?

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my Raptor without decals... didn't want them, wasn't interested. It didn't take me long after ownership, to change my mind. IMO, either decals, make a great contrast on the truck (unless it's black of course). The whole time I owned my Raptor without the decals, I never got a single compliment. Ever since the day I had all the decals installed, now it's rare for a day to go by that someone doesn't wave, give a thumbs up, or say something to me at the gas station or stopped at a traffic light.

In saying that, yes...since it is a Raptor...decals really belong on this truck.

New on the lot:
raptor4wdsupercrew-8002-11208927-3-400_zps7a986ad1.jpg

Day the decals were put on:
1982106_10200896956620603_1033673125_n1_zps8713c5fc.jpg

Last edited:

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer told me if I had that decal on my hood, it would ruin the paint so I didn't do it but I will admit it does look good.

Will that decal ruin the paint underneath it? Ive seen a truck that was wrapped and it looked awful when the wrap came off.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The hood decal was one of the three options I ordered for my Raptor.

I like its looks, but I believe its greatest value is the functionality. The matte finish of the decal doesn't reflect sunlight like a gloss paint finish. Much easier on the eyes.

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer told me if I had that decal on my hood, it would ruin the paint so I didn't do it but I will admit it does look good.

Will that decal ruin the paint underneath it? Ive seen a truck that was wrapped and it looked awful when the wrap came off.

If that were true there would be a lot of pissed off raptor owners right now.

First off, even the factory installs vinyl. If it ruined the paint I doubt they'd do it.

Secondly, it's going to look bad till you give it a good wash/wax and get rid of the leftover glue residue. After that it should look mint... Or as good as it did when the vinyl first went on, anyway.

Third (directed at the op), whatever you do, DON'T get the factory vinyl. There's nothing wrong with it other than the fact that it is outrageously over priced! I did a full custom hood wrap and large custom cut graphics down both sides, installed, for less than the price of the factory hood wrap. Even if you like the design of the factory graphics best, do yourself a favor and talk to the forum vendor Designs and Signs. They can match it and that's $600 or better left in your pocket for other mods! ;-)

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It appears that so far most people prefer the hood graphics... I, on the other hand, like the clean look my truck has without it...

PICT0016_zpsf64d803a.jpg

To me, it just looks bolder and not to busy without the vinyl decal... Everyone has their own choice, they all look good...

D

Deleted member 12951

I have the factory hood decal and like it. Yeah it cost too much but the raptor as a whole cost too much so it really didn't matter to me.

Attachments

• 43964d1395262964-rdftss-ruby-red-special-edition-20-pics-img_4808.jpg
    43964d1395262964-rdftss-ruby-red-special-edition-20-pics-img_4808.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 69

Sy0296

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like graphics but would also get aftermarket vs the silly price Ford charges