Homelink visor for the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did the Car2U visor swap on Friday (1st Mod).

Undo two screws, pull out connected from headliner and detach. Attach connector for new visor, stuff wiring back into headliner, re-attach with the two screws, and program.

30mins including reading the manual for programming and time hunting for ladder to get to the 'learn' button on the garage door drive unit.

Andy

Great going Andy! Now, a favor, please:

Write this up with pictures so others following you can do it right and learn from your experience. :)

Thanks!

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the Car2U visor swap on Friday (1st Mod).

Undo two screws, pull out connected from headliner and detach. Attach connector for new visor, stuff wiring back into headliner, re-attach with the two screws, and program.

30mins including reading the manual for programming and time hunting for ladder to get to the 'learn' button on the garage door drive unit.

Andy

Cost?

onebadf150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great going Andy! Now, a favor, please:

Write this up with pictures so others following you can do it right and learn from your experience. :)

Thanks!

Ill do it when i get mine I put the 2008 harley f-250 mirrors in my 2008 fx4 f-250 to get lighted vanity and homelink which in my opinion should come standard

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Just called my dealer's parts counter and he told me 'homelink visor is not compatible with Sync'. What is he talking about?

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just called my dealer's parts counter and he told me 'homelink visor is not compatible with Sync'. What is he talking about?

Clearly he "has no clue". Also, it's a Car2U visor. There is no connection to the Sync system, only a 12v feed to the existing lighted mirror, which the replacement directly plugs into.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I spoke to the Ford marketing guy about this at the Raptor Roundup... It sounds like with any luck the homelink visor will be offered from the factory on the Raptor in the future...

(I know, I know... doesn't help those of us who already have Raptors but it is something to look forward to.)