High rev when wind blows in cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jasonraptor13

Reaction score
Hello,

I just bought my Raptor on Thursday and fitted it out with a Volant air intake, Magnaflow exhaust and SCT performance tune.

My question is when i am running in cruise control any little gust of wind causes the revs to go up and then immediate go back to normal. Is this a normal occurrence or is there a possible issue with the intake install (professionally installed). I installed all the parts then did the tuning (again professionally done). there are no check engine lights or any warnings just the high rev then back to normal. Also the intake is at a tilt and not completely level is this normal?

Any advise will be helpful i plan on taking it back to the installer to check it but i have a feeling they will tell me everything is ok not to worry its normal. By the way i am in Qatar and this is the normal for them to say things are ok so they don't have to do anything. If i can fix this myself and avoid the hassle it would be great.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

OP
OP
J

Jasonraptor13

Reaction score
i have 800 K which is roughly 500 miles.

sorry for my stupidity but what is the break in is it 1000 m or 5000m.

Thank you for the advise i will stop using the cc untill the period is done

OP
OP
J

Jasonraptor13

Reaction score
OK i have figured out the problem, well not so much a problem.

even without driving with the cruise control i have found this issue but it only happens when i touch the gas pedal just the tiniest bit it makes a little roar.

So not a problem its just the beast wanting to unleash the power.

JD_27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, mine does it too. I never really noticed it until I got my exhaust put on but it will increase in RPM's even coasting through a parking lot. :untamedpower

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, mine does it too. I never really noticed it until I got my exhaust put on but it will increase in RPM's even coasting through a parking lot. :untamedpower

im having the exact same issue with mine! it happens when im going 65mph. it revs up a bit and then immediately goes back down. the only reason I found this out was because the exhaust note increased and the MPG bar on the dash dropped slightly while the RPM tach. stayed the same. I was thinking it was a coil problem! can you guys help?

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Hello,

I just bought my Raptor on Thursday and fitted it out with a Volant air intake, Magnaflow exhaust and SCT performance tune.

My question is when i am running in cruise control any little gust of wind causes the revs to go up and then immediate go back to normal. Is this a normal occurrence or is there a possible issue with the intake install (professionally installed). I installed all the parts then did the tuning (again professionally done). there are no check engine lights or any warnings just the high rev then back to normal. Also the intake is at a tilt and not completely level is this normal?

Any advise will be helpful i plan on taking it back to the installer to check it but i have a feeling they will tell me everything is ok not to worry its normal. By the way i am in Qatar and this is the normal for them to say things are ok so they don't have to do anything. If i can fix this myself and avoid the hassle it would be great.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

So did you ever figure out the problem?

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This could be a tune issue.

Try cruising at60, 62, 67 and 70 to see if it changes. At 65 you might be just a hair about the torque convertor lock/unlock line in the tune. So as the wind blows and the truck slows slighlty the computer gives it some gas to keep the speed up. As the throttle opens up the load on the engine goes up and the computer unlocks the the torque convertor to help the engine keep up. Then the truck speeds up and the reverse happends.

Might also try putting the stock tune back in the truck to see if that stops it. If any of these stop the issue then you will want your tune revised to fix it.

phydough

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Clean your Pitot Tube. Probably has mud or more likely bug guts. It is a known problem with all flying trucks.