High Performance Halogen Lighting Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
danmpe

danmpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Nokya Arctic White Stage 1 bulbs I installed yesterday were not that good. Upon investgating I found out that these lights are not DOT approved. They are more for show other than providing light for driving. So the quest goes on to find better lights for driving.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
The Nokya Arctic White Stage 1 bulbs I installed yesterday were not that good. Upon investgating I found out that these lights are not DOT approved. They are more for show other than providing light for driving. So the quest goes on to find better lights for driving.

how about the HID kit that RECON sells. you get a discount as a member.

OP
OP
danmpe

danmpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how about the HID kit that RECON sells. you get a discount as a member.

I wish I could but, aftermarket HID's are illegal in my state. Its not like every cop is going pull you over and check but when it comes time for the state safety inspection it would fail and you will be required to remove them.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I wish I could but, aftermarket HID's are illegal in my state. Its not like every cop is going pull you over and check but when it comes time for the state safety inspection it would fail and you will be required to remove them.

well, you just simply will not get brighter lights without installing a ballasted-higher wattage capable system. and let's get serious, they don't care if you have HIDs during inspections they just care that they work or not. and if you get a color that isn't that obnoxious blue color that screams PULL ME OVER...then the po po won't even notice.

OP
OP
danmpe

danmpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Birdman. I not going to take the risk by installing the HID lamps. Here in Pa. there a few yahoos that will pull you over for just about anything. The last time I was pulled over he just wanted to look at the truck nothing else. I am sure I can find a better halogen lamp out there. I was told to try the PIAA's or the Hella's.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Thanks Birdman. I not going to take the risk by installing the HID lamps. Here in Pa. there a few yahoos that will pull you over for just about anything. The last time I was pulled over he just wanted to look at the truck nothing else. I am sure I can find a better halogen lamp out there. I was told to try the PIAA's or the Hella's.

i got the Siverstars and despite what everyone says they seem to be brighter. at least the beam is wider and whiter. not sure about distance.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i got the Siverstars and despite what everyone says they seem to be brighter. at least the beam is wider and whiter. not sure about distance.

Same here. Rather those vs. minority rigging hid in a halogen housing :jester:

OP
OP
danmpe

danmpe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems there is a shortage of H13 bulbs around here. There other week I went to 5 auto parts stores and there were none of any kind. Since I am heading up north this weeekend I will check up there.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
It seems there is a shortage of H13 bulbs around here. There other week I went to 5 auto parts stores and there were none of any kind. Since I am heading up north this weeekend I will check up there.

how about a total headlight swap. like RECON's projector headlights. legal, look cool and a brighter-more directed beam of light.