Hennessey Air Induction System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
$395 seems a *little* steep for a piece of aluminum tubing, K&N filter and some couplers... Does not look to be a "cold air" intake as it is open to the engine bay.
http://www.hennesseyperformancestore.com/62raptorintake.html

yhst-54734705425182_2105_20047821

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I'm sure they will be showing HUGE power gains...at least according to their initial dyno run.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The most expensive part of that "system" to the buyer is the "Hennessey" logo on it. That alone drives up the price beyond any reasonable price point. And that's not even taking the "performance" (or reduction thereof) into account.

I'll go on record now saying that I believe the factory intake has more all around value but it's not a mod so some will certainly buy it.

shoepolishsmelling

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well seeing as how theyre dyno run was off anyways they can get bent what a load of hogwash that thing will clog fast as **** seeing as how its a wet filter

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll go on record now saying that I believe the factory intake has more all around value .

I'm no Aerospace engineer or Rocket scientist but I would have to agree.

Now I will say I don't care for the air box set up on the 5.4L....can't explain it but I just don't care for all those extra chambers designed help reduce noise or what not. This is not to say I would by an aftermarket CAI for a 5.4L.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It isn't a bad looking system, but 400 is a bit steep, 250 would be a bit more reasonable. What I don't like is that there isn't anything sealing off the air filter from hot engine bay air. I think Hennessey said 11 horsepower, which is reasonable. I'm not saying to buy from these crooks but that sounds about what most intakes gain you.

AuPanda

Reaction score
I'd rather have $395 of rusty nails than anything from this snake.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why don't someone here make a polymer kit and sell it for half the price? I would do it my self but I'm actually working on starting a gun and ammo business.