GEN 1 Help with vinyl wrap fade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roush2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve noticed recently with the heat and sun we’ve had that my wrap on my bed is fading bad. Does anyone know what to use to revive at least get rid of some of the sun fading? I’ll get it redone next year when I have the funds but looking for a way to possibly make it look a little better for now. Thanks in advance. I have a ton of adams polishes products I don’t know if anything will work. I have the matte detailer that didn’t do anything

cb58b46558ff1fa9c42754de795b26da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I’ve noticed recently with the heat and sun we’ve had that my wrap on my bed is fading bad. Does anyone know what to use to revive at least get rid of some of the sun fading? I’ll get it redone next year when I have the funds but looking for a way to possibly make it look a little better for now. Thanks in advance. I have a ton of adams polishes products I don’t know if anything will work. I have the matte detailer that didn’t do anything

cb58b46558ff1fa9c42754de795b26da.jpg

Perhaps a portion of the faded appearance may be a buildup of contaminates in the porous matte vinyl. Try hand polishing the vinyl with Revive Polish and Blue Hex Grip Applicators, then wiped off the residue with Waterless Wash.

To help with the fading and to add UV protection to help prevent additional fading, dress the vinyl with VRT.

Check out this thread for more info:
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/first-detail-adamized-the-raptor.33281/page-61#post1000551

OP
OP
R

Roush2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a portion of the faded appearance may be a buildup of contaminates in the porous matte vinyl. Try hand polishing the vinyl with Revive Polish and Blue Hex Grip Applicators, then wiped off the residue with Waterless Wash.

To help with the fading and to add UV protection to help prevent additional fading, dress the vinyl with VRT.

Check out this thread for more info:
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/first-detail-adamized-the-raptor.33281/page-61#post1000551

Ok I’ll give it a shot. I was actually placing an order today for more product so I’ll grab some revive and the applicator. I already have plenty h2o guard and waterless wash.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok I’ll give it a shot. I was actually placing an order today for more product so I’ll grab some revive and the applicator. I already have plenty h2o guard and waterless wash.

Very good! Also order some VRT if you don't already have some. It will help with the fading on the vinyl more than the HGG.

OP
OP
R

Roush2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it helped a little but I panicked at one point. I put the revive on and it immediately went to a white residue that wouldn’t come off. I used car shampoo and still didn’t come off then I used waterless wash and that still didn’t take it off. I then put some vrt on and rubbed it in with a microfiber. It looks 75% better but can still see some fading marks. Any other suggestions on maybe how many more times I should try revive, washing and putting vrt on. I wonder if a few cycles will help bring it out here is a picture but because it brought some of the black back out you can’t see the fading as bad but it is there.

76ce4b9fa16dc946bc8f9d5062e26539.jpg

0717a43b6de0cecfa39fdb8112e45dd3.jpg

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So it helped a little but I panicked at one point. I put the revive on and it immediately went to a white residue that wouldn’t come off. I used car shampoo and still didn’t come off then I used waterless wash and that still didn’t take it off. I then put some vrt on and rubbed it in with a microfiber. It looks 75% better but can still see some fading marks. Any other suggestions on maybe how many more times I should try revive, washing and putting vrt on. I wonder if a few cycles will help bring it out here is a picture but because it brought some of the black back out you can’t see the fading as bad but it is there.

76ce4b9fa16dc946bc8f9d5062e26539.jpg

0717a43b6de0cecfa39fdb8112e45dd3.jpg

Looks much better.

The vinyl must have been really degraded in the Revive residue was that hard to remove.

I would recommend just washing and dressing with VRT to see if you get more improvement. Any type of harsher cleaning product may just degrade the vinyl even more.

You can even try another application of VRT before your next wash if the surface is still clean.

OP
OP
R

Roush2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks much better.

The vinyl must have been really degraded in the Revive residue was that hard to remove.

I would recommend just washing and dressing with VRT to see if you get more improvement. Any type of harsher cleaning product may just degrade the vinyl even more.

You can even try another application of VRT before your next wash if the surface is still clean.

Thank you for the advice. I still have the passenger side to do so maybe I’ll see what washing and vrt does. If it doesn’t look good I’ll wash and use revive polish.

Tommy1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score

VRT on the graphics? I am glad that I came across this post! I just recently picked up some VRT for my trim and tires but have also been looking for a way to dress/protect the graphics too.