Help with DRLs, please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

inetjanitor

Reaction score
My 2011 Raptor was originally Canadian. Then it got shipped to the US and I bought it. Since Canada requires DRLs I am stuck with the lights on and I want to turn them off. Took it by the dealer and asked them to turn them off in the BCM.

Dealer says there are "no programmable parameters" that would do this. So my question to you folks is, are they right? And if so, is there any other way to accomplish this? I want to upgrade to HIDs and I think this will cause me grief if I don't solve it. Thanks.

Paul.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Have you tried off mode? Switch all the way to the left? I can't imagine even in a required DRL country you wouldn't ever be able to turn them off. Plus the raptors signature lights look at awesome any time of the day!
vy4yha9y.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can try the purple/green at the headlight switch. if the wire is present. you have to interrupt to turn the drl off. so cut it and see if it works. the canadian info only goes to 2010 so this may or may not work as this is the united states version.

canadian 2010 f150 says the wire is in the same location

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OP is correct, in Canada headlights only are on whenever the vehicle is in drive. I have Raptor retrofits, and would love to find a way to run my halos for DRL's. No need for the xenons to be on during the day.
I was under the impression that the dealer was able to disable the DRL in the US, but not in Canada.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have Raptor retrofits, and would love to find a way to run my halos for DRL's.

I have Dawson's Retrofits. I run my halos as DRLs. I've just wired them to one of my "Upfitter" switches. Leave the switch on. When you turn on the key, halos come on. When key is out, lights are out.

Works beautifully. Also, if they go bad I can just turn the Aux off and not have them on until I get them repaired.

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Dawson's Retrofits. I run my halos as DRLs. I've just wired them to one of my "Upfitter" switches. Leave the switch on. When you turn on the key, halos come on. When key is out, lights are out.

Works beautifully. Also, if they go bad I can just turn the Aux off and not have them on until I get them repaired.

Thanks, great idea there. The only problem is the projectors are always on with no way to turn them off that I know of.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, great idea there. The only problem is the projectors are always on with no way to turn them off that I know of.

???

I have different wiring for the projectors. Those are plugged in normally so they come on with the "AUTO" setup just like normal.

The "Halo" rings are wired completely separate and should have nothing to do with the other unless yours are different?

Wait, you're IN Canada and would like to ELIMINATE your DRLs. (...just caught that) Not sure where to go with that one)

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My lights are the same as yours, and I understand what you are saying. The problem is the trucks computer turns the headlights on whenever the vehicle is driven. The position of the switch doesn't change that. I'm going to explore Noah's plan though

scarrjack

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck came from the States and the previous owner had a DRL module installed (requirement to bring it across the border and register it). I installed some RSiWorks headlights and saw the module and associated wiring under the hood so I just disconnected it, coiled it up, taped it out of the way and I was good to go, no more DRL's. I wired the halo's to the Park lights and just turn on my park lights for DRL's now.

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most smart dealers here in Canada just flip an option in the programming in the truck for DRL's so there wont be any module to get rid of. I doubt any dealer would change it back for you unless you convinced a tech under the table or something.