Help.. Truck won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
On flat ground? Or with the nose pointed down like you are coming down a hill?

The pickup is in the rear for a reason, say you are running on those fumes and you have to go uphill like the vehicle is designed for? Your fuel all pools in the rear, thus allowing the pickup to still bring in fuel to the engine so it stays running.

What about driving downhill?

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

It's a common problem with the Gen1 and apparently it's a similar setup on the Gen2

Two different issues. 2010-14 SVT Raptor is fuse 27. Gen 2 raptor ecoboost is fuel pickup issues.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about driving downhill?

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

Two different issues. 2010-14 SVT Raptor is fuse 27. Gen 2 raptor ecoboost is fuel pickup issues.

Put that puppy in Neutral and coast. Or not let it get low on gas?

OP
OP
sniperm

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
btw, Should I get my truck checked? I try to start it many times.. any chance of ******* up the Fuel pump?

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
Nope. This is just an issue where the fuel pickup is not in the optimal position. Ford will fix this soon.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope. This is just an issue where the fuel pickup is not in the optimal position. Ford will fix this soon.

Not in the optimal position? OP's truck is pointed downhill! I'd rather the fuel pickup be at the back of the tank because it is a lot easier to coast downhill than uphill.

The "design problem" is listing range when the fuel gets low. This causes idiots to assume they have enough left to go a few extra miles. One car I had would stop counting down below 50 miles and say N/A for this very reason.

Engineering around stupid is one of the biggest challenges an engineer has to deal with.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The "design problem" is listing range when the fuel gets low. This causes idiots to assume they have enough left to go a few extra miles. One car I had would stop counting down below 50 miles and say N/A for this very reason.

Engineering around stupid is one of the biggest challenges an engineer has to deal with.

"Engineering around stupid is one of the biggest challenges an engineer has to deal with." That's funny and true but...don't forget, paying for lousy engineering is one of the biggest challenges buyers of vehicles of all prices have to deal with.

Seriously, my Jeep and Honda can count down remaining gas tank range to almost zero with accuracy.

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

u8bngbpb2x.gif

Last edited: