HELP! GEN 1 Shock Part Numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorlander

Reaction score
In the same boat but from all the research they're interchangeable.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have what may be a dumb question:

Why can't a Raptor owner take his VIN to the Ford dealership parts counter and ask what the proper part numbers are?

SCSVT

Reaction score
In another post, a member (builder) noted the difference between the SCAB and SCREW shocks is only one valve:

The valve stack on compression side has a slightly larger mid-stack "wafer"..about .025" larger diameter,but same "flex" rate. As a builder it makes sense to me but as the average owner you may not even notice the difference.AND...Yes...the coil spring is inherently "stiffer" due to C/G of the truck is slightly nose heavy therefore "loading" the front end ..AGAIN..to the average owner;not noticeable....If you can buy these as takeoff's from someone's upgrade then go for it as I'm sure the reason your purchase is because your noticing a poor ride quality due to high mileage. Great deal.!!

Also here are the part numbers and alternate part numbers for the SCREW Rear shocks from Rock Auto:
BL3Z18125k = ASH24541

Front SCREW: BL3z18124J = ASH12262
Front SCAB: BL3z18124H

Kubasj05

Reaction score
Ok so I’ll be the tester on this, having new SCAB front shocks installed on my 2012 SCREW. Will report back. Installing rebuilt SCREW rears.
What is your experience with SCAB shocks on SCREW, I'd like to know if you'd recommend it

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is your experience with SCAB shocks on SCREW, I'd like to know if you'd recommend it

Totally fine, no one will ever be able to tell the slight valving difference. I've got new SCAB shocks and Geisers on low perch on my SCrew and its a beauty of a ride.

Kubasj05

Reaction score
Totally fine, no one will ever be able to tell the slight valving difference. I've got new SCAB shocks and Geisers on low perch on my SCrew and its a beauty of a ride.
Cool thanks a lot for the heads up. I ended up buying Screw shocks for $326 a piece but nonetheless its good to know they fit and ride well, you're the man!

daytraitors

Reaction score
I just received mine. I been procrastinating for a long time and got tired of my rusty Raptor bouncing everywhere. I almost went with Bilstein 5100 or Forged Offroad, but I had a #YOLO moment and went with stock replacements. I noticed the price hack on Rock Auto alt part numbers and went with it. Price is even lower now?

I opened the boxes and compared them to the ones on the stock truck. THESE THINGS ARE HEAVY. The only difference I could tell is that the paint protection film now covers about 99% of the aluminum surface area, whereas the stock shocks had the film on maybe 60% of the surface area. You could argue the stock "film" was really just a sticker with the fox logos. The new ones look and feel like a legit 3M clear wrap. I can appreciate the extra few cents for this upgrade because the old shocks (long overdue) have really bad corrosion and rock chips on top of the oil having totally leaked out.

I haven't installed yet, but hoping if I have the crew cab model maybe it works better with my 3/1 leaf spring mod.

Part NumberPart TypePrice EACore EAQuantityTotal
No Vehicle Specified
MOTORCRAFT​
ASH24541Shock Absorber
$ 395.79​
$ 0.00​
2​
$ 791.58​
2010 FORD F-150 5.4L V8
MOTORCRAFT​
ASH501Shock Absorber
$ 259.89​
$ 0.00​
2​
$ 519.78​

Crocktopus

Reaction score
For the oldies, like me, still confused, this is what I found: The cheaper ASH501 is for the 5.4 SCAB and the ASH12262 is for the 6.2 SCAB. ASH24542 is the rear SCAB. I did not find any proof, but it appears like what SCSVT mentioned above, ASH24541 must be rear shocks for the SCREW.