Hello from Reno

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At "minimum" the front shocks need to be set to mid perch and the firewall seams (directly in line with the back of the front tires, needs to be cut and hammered flat. That will work with most mild offroading, but anything more serious you will need plus 2 fiberglass fenders, etc etc. Some 37's will still rub as some tires are actually true 37" when measured, while most are like lumber, actually a lot smaller.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
At "minimum" the front shocks need to be set to mid perch and the firewall seams (directly in line with the back of the front tires, needs to be cut and hammered flat. That will work with most mild offroading, but anything more serious you will need plus 2 fiberglass fenders, etc etc. Some 37's will still rub as some tires are actually true 37" when measured, while most are like lumber, actually a lot smaller.

Sounds just like what I had to do for my Gen 2. Wasn't sure what the Gen 1 needed. Thank you sir.

The 37" BFG KOs where fine around town without the pinch weld mod. After I put on the 37" MT Baja Boss, I had to remove the front fender flairs to even drive home. Pinch weld mod was done the following day. Tire brand and wheel offset also make a difference.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only rubbed once when going over a 2 foot boulder on a trail, thought I was going to lose the fender for a second but it held on. I'll check for any labeling on the springs or collar, see if there's evidence of a lift
this tells me that at full compression you will have issues.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do y'all have a group out that way? normally I have standard weekends and I'd join, but next week I'm working straight through.
(831) 254-7562 give me a call or text if you want to come out this weekend. we will be there thursday night into sunday night. i can give you gps coordinance. fallon is only an hour from reno so if you got time, you are more than welcome to join us

Blu21

Reaction score
Bought mine with 37 KO2s- no rub because previous owner literally shaved the tread off the part of the tires that rubbed. So I needed new tires quick lol. Went with 37 nitto ridge grapplers and they rubbed on every turn so I discovered this forum, then moved up to mid perch and have had no trouble since.
Big 37 fan here. Ridge grapplers are great too. 21k miles on them and they are doing great.

Blu Bug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well you could always join us in fallon next week and see if you stuff the tires or not.....
Fallon Fire Dept rocks! I set the Shoe Tree gully on fire while roasting my brand new KTM 450 in the tumble weeds near Middlegate. They put the fire out and hauled my molten metal back to the highway and didn’t charge me a dime.

EccentricRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! :D Sharp Raptor - gotta love a gen 1!

Your carbon emissions comment and Tesla sparked my brain (pun may or may not have been intended). I'm gonna get hate for this, I'm sure (but I really don't care, lol). I wouldn't mind an electric or hybrid Raptor. I'd certainly miss the exhaust sounds (although Ford did exhaust sound effects through the audio system for the electric Mustang, I think - not the same though). I do believe in climate change and I dislike the idea of pollution and tarnishing the landscape with oil drilling and all. One reason I haven't bought an electric vehicle is because I almost never see charging stations where I live and if I do, there's not enough of them. It's funny - I saw a Jeep commercial last night when watching a Die Hard movie and they had a charging station out in the desert with literally nothing else man made around it. So realistic...