Heater/ac fan speed not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glamisbound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just yesterday this started happening where my heater/ac fan speed is stuck to one speed. The button works and changes the bars up and down from the dash and the touch screen but the actual speed doesnt change. Anyone seen this?

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened to my 2010 as well as the temp control went out after I got the fan speed fixed. After that the compressor died. It was all covered under Warr but took a lot of my time getting it fixed. Sold it and bought a 13

OP
OP
glamisbound

glamisbound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened to my 2010 as well as the temp control went out after I got the fan speed fixed. After that the compressor died. It was all covered under Warr but took a lot of my time getting it fixed. Sold it and bought a 13

Yeah I have 37k miles so my 36k warranty is up. What did it end up being?

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have 37k miles so my 36k warranty is up. What did it end up being?

I'll ask the dealer to pull the old invoice and let you know. I recall it was not that bad. It was some module. Give me today and I'll call them.

Jerry

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
this happened on my previous truck and its a simple fix, like "the car stereo company" said, I'm 99% sure it was the resistor for the fan speed controller.

OP
OP
glamisbound

glamisbound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll ask the dealer to pull the old invoice and let you know. I recall it was not that bad. It was some module. Give me today and I'll call them.

Jerry

Cool thanks. And if you could maybe get a part # that'd be awesome.

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
same thing happened to me on an older nissan... fan resistor i think they called it. It was behind the glove box area.
let us know what you find, take and post some pics fixing it. It'll be a good reference for others that have same problem.

OP
OP
glamisbound

glamisbound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same thing happened to me on an older nissan... fan resistor i think they called it. It was behind the glove box area.
let us know what you find, take and post some pics fixing it. It'll be a good reference for others that have same problem.

Will do!