Heated seats and new leather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macbroon

Reaction score
Hi all, my truck came without heated seats or leather. I have sourced a full new set of OEM Raptor covers from the U.S and a local upholsterer is going to fit them for me. We’re going to install heated seat elements at the same time (not fussed about cooling)
And was just wondering where the best place is for the buttons. I wanted it to look oem so don’t want them in the side of the console or anything. One guy said use 2 of the auxiliary switches overhead, has anyone done that ?
I’m open to ideas which will look tidy
We’re also gonna do the back ones at the same time.
Thanks.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't do switches, can't you find the oem buttons and wiring in a junkyard out of a f150. I would be worried about leaving them on or if there is a fault, they would burn down your truck. Unless of course your heaters come with controls or are you just buying factory elements?

raptor556

Reaction score
using the aux switches is a great idea. I'd just make sure the power disconnects when the vehicle is shut off. Probably not an issue with those aux switches.

If you are worried about the truck burning down. That is why they invented insurance because shit happens. Just do your due diligence during the install and you are good.

Personally I won't be buying another vehicle without heated seats. First world problems.