GEN 1 Headers touching the Frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elMechanic

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So, I recently purchased and installed the ARH long tubes on my 2013SCREW and noticed that the passenger side Headers is touching the frame, which is weird to be honest.

Did anyone of you face such an issue? And if so, how was it fixed?

I installed the headers at a workshop nearby, so figured out to ask here for a suggestion/solution before going back to them.

I know that they removed the passenger side low engine mount in order to be able to install the passenger side headers, but my question is, should they have removed all engine mounts? Maybe because they only removed that side the engined alignment was changed or something, even after reinstalling the mount back?

Here is a picture showing the headers touching the frame.

Attachments

• 07E3C4C4-4FB1-4E26-B60A-0926F4107BB7.jpeg
    07E3C4C4-4FB1-4E26-B60A-0926F4107BB7.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 36

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes with headers you have to do slight mods, I didn't have to with SW on my Raptor , but on another car had to grind the top of the idler arm. Any way you can get in there with a prybar and just tweak it, dent the header a bit so it doesn't rub? Might not be the answer you are looking for. It is common to lift one side of the engine though.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had to heat up the header tube with a torch and dimple it a bit to clear my clutch linkage on my Mustang. Sucks with new parts not fitting perfectly but it is a reality.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went through something similar. I had StainlessWorks and the clearance is so tight. Keep in mind the motor shifts slightly in the mounts. If it is touching now, it will have a hole in it very soon. I think when they did mine, they removed both mounts and lifted the entire engine slightly; that was my impression anyway.

I had a motor mount bolt back out enough to give the engine enough play to rub the header against the frame. Mine were not touching when installed and I still ended up with a hole right there. I decided that without forced induction, the headers weren't worth the hassle with CA emissions.

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark where the header is close or touching the frame, pull the header, heat and dimple accordingly. You will see ZERO change on a dyno. It ia all in the installation and you rshop should have fixed the problem during installation. Heat wrap the headers where there is clearance. You engine compartment will thank you.
I do not have headers on my truck but have installed many on other vehicles I have owned. My Truck /boat isn't fast enough to warrant headers and deal with Kaliforia Smog SHT>

OP
OP
elMechanic

elMechanic

Reaction score
Thank tou all for all of the replies.

yes I was concerned about the HP might change during the dyno tune.

good to know it will not.

will look into it , seems like the answer is denting it.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank tou all for all of the replies.

yes I was concerned about the HP might change during the dyno tune.

good to know it will not.

will look into it , seems like the answer is denting it.
Yeah, don’t sweat it bro. Keep us posted on the outcome!