GEN 2 Has anyone tried the FactionFab Front Brake Upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NM_Life_Defender

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2019 that is Goosetuned Stage 1, and the truck really needs a brake upgrade with as fast and heavy as it is. I have 27k miles on my Gen 2, and the stock brakes have plenty of life left, but in hard stops from high speeds I get some vibration in the pedal, and the stopping power is lacking.

I'm coming from a BMW that had M Performance brakes and felt like it would pull my face off with a full power stop.

Came across these from FactionFab on the Apollo Optics site, and I'm wondering if anyone has experience and can post reviews/impressions.

https://apollo-optics.com/collectio...ctionfab-brake-upgrade-ford-f150-raptor-front

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might give this a read... need to update it, but it's ALL positive.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pad and rotor combo will not help braking power, just heat dissipation. If you want stopping power, look at Alcon.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The pad and rotor combo will not help braking power, just heat dissipation. If you want stopping power, look at Alcon.
This. I did the factionfab upgrade first - same shit different day. Went to alcon fronts (have the faction fab stuff in rear) and the truck stops like a supercar.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
but do the Alcon require larger than 17" wheel?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
but do the Alcon require larger than 17" wheel?

No. They were designed to fit under the factory 17s. In fact, I had problems with my 20s and had to switch down to 17s to fit properly.

This. I did the factionfab upgrade first - same shit different day. Went to alcon fronts (have the faction fab stuff in rear) and the truck stops like a supercar.

You should feel the stopping power with front AND rear Alcons. I just look at the brake pedal and it stops.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You should feel the stopping power with front AND rear Alcons. I just look at the brake pedal and it stops.
I'd be willing to bet that a truck with only fronts would stop within 6 inches of a truck with front and rear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter