Has Anyone Had This Happen Yet!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brinkwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I thought I heard something a few days ago while driving home but everything seemed ok. Well a few days later I noticed coming out of a store that the back of my truck didn't look right. Well I was right, the Raptor/SVT logo on the tailgate was missing. Only thing left was the black tacky foam it mounts with. I figure three possible things could have happened.

1. It came lose and fell off(the noise I heard).

2. It was stolen.

3. Someone tried to steal it but was interupted and only loosened it and it fell off going down the road.

Now there is no pry marks so either they were good at getting it off or it just fell off on it's own and no one messed with it.

Anyway, it's about $60.00 from the dealer and just something else now that I have to do.You would figure on a truck made to take a pounding like the Raptor it would stay on better. Heck mine hasn't even been put thru the paces like some of y'alls has.

Raptor62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am betting someone took them off your truck while you were away. Mine is still mounted on nice and securely. The adhesive material that Ford uses is very tough to get off and I don't how it would just fall off without any help.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Sad

Ok, I thought I heard something a few days ago while driving home but everything seemed ok. Well a few days later I noticed coming out of a store that the back of my truck didn't look right. Well I was right, the Raptor/SVT logo on the tailgate was missing. Only thing left was the black tacky foam it mounts with. I figure three possible things could have happened.

1. It came lose and fell off(the noise I heard).

2. It was stolen.

3. Someone tried to steal it but was interupted and only loosened it and it fell off going down the road.

Now there is no pry marks so either they were good at getting it off or it just fell off on it's own and no one messed with it.

Anyway, it's about $60.00 from the dealer and just something else now that I have to do.You would figure on a truck made to take a pounding like the Raptor it would stay on better. Heck mine hasn't even been put thru the paces like some of y'alls has.

I don't believe it fell off! It's hard enough trying to keep our things nice but you have to worry every time you go out that some idiot will bang your vehicle, key it, steal it or steal something inside even in a locked vehicle.

OP
OP
brinkwolf

brinkwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I know you can buy them from the dealer, but don't let me see a plain Ford driving around in my neighborhood with one on it or I'll pull him over and the little punk better have a receipt for it.

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
Definitely stolen. At least they didn't mark up your Rap, maybe they even had respect for it! I had a **** take a flathead to my Nissan emblem two years ago in my driveway...NISSAN! Left two nice big scratches front and center. Sonofa...

PEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just because there were no marks indicating it was pryed off, doesn't mean it wasn't stolen. I read somewhere that the cleanest method for removing emblems was fish line, and you sort of use some back and forth flossing action, and they come right off!