Hard shifts on cold start most mornings....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 2010 6.2 with 43k and it was very jerky when cold to the degree that peple would ask y my truck shifts that way but i got a 5 star and it is a lot smoother but took about 3 weeks to gradually get smoother.

RV67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, this morning I went to jump in the truck and there was about a quart of trans fluid spilled out on the drive way :wtf:

I've got an appointment to check it out tomorrow. Hopefully it some pan screw needs tightening.

My 2010 has 28k on it and was doing this.I couldnt park up hill because of it.There is a TSB on the bulk head connector at rear of trans.

Had mine done this week,took them about three hours and so far its fine.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I swear! Dealerships cant fix anything...

I had a dead battery (got 62k miles out of old one) and so I got a jump from a buddy and headed down to my stealership. They replaced it and were doing fine until it was time to start the truck. One of the service managers held up my Viper 5904 remote and said "your truck wont crank." They had 5 mechanics around the truck trying to figure out what was wrong. I thought, "oh hell, they activated my starter kill." So I called sound depot out of huntsville, where I had my viper alarm installed and he told me to open the door, turn the key, press the button on the antenna.... etc... but when I turned the key, NOTHING not even any accessories! So I went to look at the engine bay. You guys have no idea what these idiots did.
:rondod:
They didnt reconnect the negative teminal... So I took the 8mm wrench they had, slapped it on there, tightened it down, and laugh and shook my head as I walked out of the service area, back to the waiting room.

I think once you have your oil changed, check the pan, then install a 5 star tune from Mike!

Great guy to deal with, his tunes completely cancelled out my hard shifting! Not to mention made the truck a whole new beast.

Bottomline, stay away from dealerships as much as possible.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2010 has 28k on it and was doing this.I couldnt park up hill because of it.There is a TSB on the bulk head connector at rear of trans.

Had mine done this week,took them about three hours and so far its fine.

I got my truck back today and they couldn't any leaks? They cleaned it up and put some dye in the trans. Then they drove it around and nothing. The tech suggested the fluid was left over from the filter change…it was possibly sitting in the frame rail and leaked out. I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens.

The dealership is still unable to reproduce the hard morning shifting and has no ideas what it could be.

RV67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my truck back today and they couldn't any leaks? They cleaned it up and put some dye in the trans. Then they drove it around and nothing. The tech suggested the fluid was left over from the filter change…it was possibly sitting in the frame rail and leaked out. I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens.

The dealership is still unable to reproduce the hard morning shifting and has no ideas what it could be.

Do you see an oily film were the wire harness enters the rh rear of trans ? There is a TSB on this.I mentioned the TSB to the service writer and he said "we are aware of it".

My dealer said the same thing when I took it in the first time after it leaked about 3-4 qts on the floor back in march."Trans is full and we cant find a leak".I thought BS,you better hope it doesnt let go.

Ray Im thinking your trans is low.Mine shifted hard also and erratic in the morning till I got the leak fixed and now it is back to normal.