Had some new Progressive rate Spring made

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I have these springs installed. First on mid perch and now on bottom perch, and that is where they are going to stay. On mid they acted real similar to stock springs on top perch. They were a little less stiff than that and pogo'd a little less. But in my opinion still not a good ride on or offroad. On bottom they are in between the stockers on bottom and mid perch. Trust me, I wanted the front up higher that mid perch with these springs will give you, but the ride is not worth it. I am happy with them on bottom perch. So take it for what it's worth. I know others say they are good on mid, but I strongly disagree.

Thats exactly what I'm looking for , right between bottom and mid. Looks like ill be spending some $$

Klutch

Reaction score
Can you be a bit more specific. What exactly was so bad on the highway and off road? I sure would not want to have to go mid perch and then have to go back and drop them to lower perch a few days later. Just how "stiff" or bad is the ride on mid perch. I am most interested in your impressions.

On highway the sharp edged bumps or expansion joints were just to harsh. Pot holes were terrible. The truck just felt unbalanced, too stiff up front and just right in the rear. Offroad the faster you drove the better, but the rebounding of the shocks with these springs on mid perch is just way to much. Set on bottom perch pretty much resolves these issues. The valving in the shocks are no where close for these springs on mid. Set on bottom is the best for the valving, i feel anyway. Like I said, these on bottom are somewhere between the stockers on bottom and mid perch.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. It's a lot of a feel issue for many of us I expect. Good review and helpful to all trying to decide.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Settling = firmer ride?

So I was chatting in another thread on here with PropDr. Seemed to be knowledgeable about suspension and coil springs. We started talking about the smaller/closer together coils on the bottom of these progressive coils. He made the point that if coils lay on top of each other, they become useless and the suspension is as firm as the next coil up.

So it got me thinking about this picture below that I came across. It looks to me like the bottom coils are very close or maybe even touching. I was just thinking of after the springs settle, has anyone had any issues with the ride firming up? i.e. The bottom coils settling so much that they become useless and the ride becomes firmer?

From what I've head of Geiser Bros, they only do top notch, best of the best stuff. So I'm assuming that these were designed well and the settling of the shock was accounted for when designing. Just had to ask if anyone had experienced anything that would indicate that the springs would or have firmed up after the truck settled?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After install on bottom perch it sat at 42 1/2" it's currently at 42 1/8". No noticeable difference. With as little settling as you'll get on these springs I wouldn't expect any difference until they just flat out fail from serving their life.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@1stSGF Awesome, thanks! How long have you had the springs on the truck? I was talking to another guy on here that has had his on for 3 months and said his had settled around the same. Not the end of the world...just curious to compare

Also, to all the guys who have these Geiser Bros coil springs...

do you have you sway bar on or off?

Last edited:

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cory, from my research it looks like these springs tend to eventually settle out about one half inch. Looks like this occurs over eight months to a year.

beadblaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got back from a 2 month trip where I travelled approx 6000 miles on dirt roads and trails. My truck (Supercrew)has these coils on mid perch with wsi hd springs in the back as well as 37 inch tires. When I first put the springs in I thought the ride was pretty good but after this trip I can say that when you hit potholes there is very little give and the ride is very harsh. This also happens on protruding rocks on the road. I had approx. 500 lbs of gear in the back. The wsi springs are awesome. The truck literally got shook apart. A lot of the aluminum items broke or cracked,all my hella driving lights broke at the mounts,door locks quit working,windows could not be left down as they would rattle and squeak,doors all started squeaking and rattling,the steering rack started making a horrendous rattling noise(truck has cooler and icon resevoir) and the resevoir would get so hot you couldn't touch it.

Also both front shocks blew their guts out and 1 actually started to come apart. The cap unscrewed itself and got hung up in the springs. All in all I am not very impressed with the truck. I could go on with all the other weird things that went on with the motor but at least the thing never quit running. I guess I shouldn't say that as the low oil pressures light would come on and the engine would shut down but restart.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aren't you cute...how did like these coils on your long trip?

So I guess you are mocking me because I asked a question...is that it?

Last edited: