Had some new Progressive rate Spring made

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
That's not really an issue. That's more of the rim protector portion. If you're going to lower the psi, I guess you could break the bead easier, but I think you'd be OK.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Jimbo that's what I was hoping too. It's just that the guy that told me not to run them is a guy I have known for a long time and respect his opinion. I would hate to be driving 90-100 mph and worrying about a blowout. Maybe I will get another opinion from another shop though...

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Thanks @Jimbo that's what I was hoping too. It's just that the guy that told me not to run them is a guy I have known for a long time and respect his opinion. I would hate to be driving 90-100 mph and worrying about a blowout. Maybe I will get another opinion from another shop though...

I was thinking chunks were taken out from the actual portion that you'd bead, not this. Others can confirm, but you should absolutely be ok. You'd get the same thing if you curbed it bad.

However, what's the date stamp on those tires?

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking chunks were taken out from the actual portion that you'd bead, not this. Others can confirm, but you should absolutely be ok. You'd get the same thing if you curbed it bad.

However, what's the date stamp on those tires?

Ugh, yeah. They are old too. They are from 2005, but they have been garaged the entire time. Still too old you think?

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Ugh, yeah. They are old too. They are from 2005, but they have been garaged the entire time. Still too old you think?

8 years is typically the limit. If you're going to off-road them, I'd pass and find something else. check out those grabber red labels from @INI

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8 years is typically the limit. If you're going to off-road them, I'd pass and find something else. check out those grabber red labels from @INI

Thanks again Jimbo, part of me is still tempted to mount them and just cruise around the city with them. I would have a complete extra set of wheels and tires and could still use my methods on the stock at's for long drives and off road fun. I was wanting to test out the fit of 37's at my height. When my at's wear out I was wanting to get the KO2's in a 37. Think I'm crazy to mount them and just be cautious how much and wear I use them?

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Thanks again Jimbo, part of me is still tempted to mount them and just cruise around the city with them. I would have a complete extra set of wheels and tires and could still use my methods on the stock at's for long drives and off road fun. I was wanting to test out the fit of 37's at my height. When my at's wear out I was wanting to get the KO2's in a 37. Think I'm crazy to mount them and just be cautious how much and wear I use them?

Nah, mount them and drive the shit out of them until they're toast. Just keep in the back of your mind that you'll be replacing them.

INI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for what its worth :

don't run tires that are past 7 years old. IF you are really needing projects i will find you a set.

projects are good tires but with chunks and 10 years old i would pass..

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
for what its worth :

don't run tires that are past 7 years old. IF you are really needing projects i will find you a set.

projects are good tires but with chunks and 10 years old i would pass..

Still looking for a single spare .. you got any in good shape? DOT or not ?