Ground problem on rear led's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RV67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might just be mine but I had my taillights and 4-ways on and the rear leds were dimming opposite the flashers.

I know its a ground problem just havent had time to chase it down. I shut the hazards off and tried w/ the left or right T/S and still dims.I pulled the lh taillight out and checked the plug/wires and all was clean etc...

I will report back when I fix it.

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check to see if any of the relays or fuses are loose in there sockets.
Also, check for loose engine to body ground straps at connections.

OP
OP
RV67

RV67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lowered my spare and searched for a ground coming off the harness but after it goes up by the fuel tank I decided to make my own ground wires.I also checked the ground at the 10 pin plug for the taillights etc... and It was fine.

I fixed the problem by splicing/soldering new wires to the pigtails of both lights and then ran them to the ground point for the tralier light harness.Obviuosly the lights are brighter.

Only thing I figure is the factory ground wire is a 16/18 ga. and I used 12 ga.

Has anyone else checked theirs ?

Last edited:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine dim for less than a second and then go full bright again. Both Raptors I've had did this. I thought it was normal.