Grinding noise from the front hubs of a 2010 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

msommers3

Reaction score
About 6 months ago I asked a question about the grinding noise coming from the front of my 2010 Raptor when it wasn't in 4 wheel mode. There were several ideas, but no definitive answers.

I now have one, after spending $700 on new hubs.

After the local dealer charged me that for parts and labor and the problem still existed (and they said they couldn't hear it, I tracked it down myself:

It was a cracked plastic vacuum line that runs to both...NOT the hubs. I repaired it with some rubber flex tubing that fit over the plastic line, until I got the new line for $50. Grinding noise went away.

I asked the dealer to order the part and they said they could and would cost $300 for parts and labor.

It's a straight forward procedure so I asked why so much. They said there were many things to feed it around. BS!

Didn't have them do the work and I've never gone back to them.

Just thought I'd let anyone know to save the #700 and $300 bill and buy the hose for $50 on ebay.

Mike

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have a different account/username (?), because this thread is showing up as your "1st post."

Sounds like you discovered our trucks' wonderful IWE system. :)

Surprised you didn't come across a few of the existing IWE vacuum line threads on the msg board. For others who need a little info about how the IWE system works & how it behaves when damaged, etc, Stage3 has a nice write up about it:

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/2011-2014-F150IWE-Problems-and-Fixes.html