Graphics removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkscuba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid question - just hit with the hair dryer and pull? Adhesive come off ok or need something to help remove? Wax after? Thanks!

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you can, let it sit out in the sun for awhile first. The hair dryer will help (do not use a heat gun as they can get too hot).

Start by getting your fingernail under a corner, be patient, work slow. To remove the adhesive, use 3M Adhesive Remover.

Afterwards, wash the areas thoroughly to remove any adhesive/remover residue, then apply wax or sealant.

You may find that the paint around the area that the decal covered may appear swirled in comparison to the paint that was protected under the decal. If this is the case, you will need to machine polish the paint to make it all look shiny again.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use a credit card to start it....your fingernail will just tear it up....once you get it going there is a fine line between and nice pull and a frustrating time consuming process....need to figure out the correct spot for melting the sticker vs heating it up.....the first one took e a couple of hours before I figured it out.....the next one took me 15 minutes.....best of luck

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Steamer

Stupid question - just hit with the hair dryer and pull? Adhesive come off ok or need something to help remove? Wax after? Thanks!

Use a clothes steamer to heat it up and release the glue. Will come right off without damaging the paint.

OP
OP
jkscuba

jkscuba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Appreciate everyone's input - not digging the bedside graphics on avalanche. doming off this weekend.

Kmayeux

Reaction score
Just peeled my avalanche bedside graphics too. I do want something subtle back there, just not sure what yet..

GKW05GT

Reaction score
First post, long time Ford performance fan but not thrilled with rear Raptor graphics. See this was discussed here any new thought before I proceeded?
Also peeling off Raptor first and see how it looks with the rest staying

dasbury

Reaction score
First post, long time Ford performance fan but not thrilled with rear Raptor graphics. See this was discussed here any new thought before I proceeded?
Also peeling off Raptor first and see how it looks with the rest staying

Make is all go away :) It's easy to do, i did it on my '14 Gen1.