Got my VIN and delivery date today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dtt255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Placed my order in October at MSRP. Got a call from dealer now they want to charge 10k more because of market adjustment. Such dishonesty after marking me wait like 2 months on this.

Anyone can point me to any dealer in TX or OK?

I would create such a mess they would be thinking twice. If they won't listen to reason, it's time to call FORD corporate THEN the media.
that usually gets them moving in the right direction.

Plus I don't even know if they can legally do that. You signed a buyers order.

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Placed my order in October at MSRP. Got a call from dealer now they want to charge 10k more because of market adjustment. Such dishonesty after marking me wait like 2 months on this.

Anyone can point me to any dealer in TX or OK?

Did you already have a deal on paper and money down ? That's crazy, I'd be driving to the dealer and raising hell, and then moving up the chain if they don't honor your deal.

calmsoul

Reaction score
Did you already have a deal on paper and money down ? That's crazy, I'd be driving to the dealer and raising hell, and then moving up the chain if they don't honor your deal.

Placed the deposit. Bill of sale signed by me. In fact, even have an email from their sales manager saying they are only dealer to offer MSRP pricing. I will go there today. keeping fingers crossed. so disappointed my kids were looking forward to it.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the response and info. I agree entirely on your comment about it being just a job to some people and as a result they look for the easiest path. I just cannot wrap my head around someone having a job and not doing all of the digging to know the scoop and sell the product instead of waiting for info to arrive on a platter. I have educated this dealer on new products dating back to my diesel excursion over a decade ago and am completely frustrated with it.

Beyond that I am completely frustrated with Ford not fulfilling orders as they are received. I need to get with a good volume dealer which is a challenge in Montana. I have heard that Bozeman Ford, the largest dealer in the area, sold many of its allocations to highest bidder, not the kind of people I want to work with. Menholt is either too lazy or inept to provide the details I need. The search is on. Wish you were closer. Thanks again for the info.

Ford is in a tough position when they do a new product launch like this. Situations like this happen regularly. We just went through a similar situation with the 17' Superduty launch. Ford relies on volume for profitability. They can't afford to hold all of those Raptors that are coming off of the assembly line now and are ready to ship just so they can make the early order people happy. It would just snow ball the affect of people mad for waiting. Some times a product launch goes smooth and the early order people are the first to get their orders and other times.... well they're in our shape. Stuck waiting and getting frustrated because other people who ordered well after us are driving their trucks while ours are built and just sitting.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with others on here DO NOT just ask nicely then look elsewhere. I would be furious - 10K markup... Not exactly like saying we are sticking our $1199 "paint sealant" on there or some other BS. That's a lot of money.

I made the sales mgr sign the order and write at MSRP and even then I am sure that I am not the only one worried about something like this happening. My dealer that I had bought three new trucks from in the past would not go below 3k over MSRP so I went with a new dealer (new to me) in the same area that would do MSRP. Fingers crossed no build date or VIN yet.

Last edited:

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, with a first week of September order, no VIN or scheduled build date I threw in the towel this week. Building a Lariat special edition with Roushcharger, lowered 1.5/3", 22's (for winter), RKSport hood and a few other items and saving 15k. Given I would have never offroaded the Raptor and only bought it cause I liked the look I think my 600hp Lariat should do just fine.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI to others...

7 days out from build my window sticker became avail, atleast one thing is predictable in this process

Truck #1
7/21 Ordered
11/7 pulled/VIN Issued
12/19 Build Week Estim
12/22 Build Date Updated, sticker was avail 12/15

#2 of 7 at mid sized urban chicagoland dealer
removed cf sept 1. Mag Scab 802a

Truck #2
8/30 Order
10/21 Vin Issued... 12/5 estim build, 1/5 estim delivery
11/23 Sticker avail
Build updated to 11/30
Dealer predicted 12/19 delivery (FS estim 27th FP estim 22nd)
a/o 12/12 it was already in IL at railyard

#1 of 2 maybe? at small rural WI dealer
did not ad cf from start due to issues, Blk Scab 802a

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it me? Looks like the smaller dealers are getting deliver more than the large.

How is Team Ford in Vegas doing? have they gotten any? Correct me if i'm wrong but think I read that they had the largest allocation of g2s nationwide.

Purinacatchow

Reaction score
Geez, I thought I was safe since I signed the order sheet with the agreed upon price. What can I do at this moment to make sure they don't screw me over when (if?) my truck finally gets delivered?

Oceanbnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it me? Looks like the smaller dealers are getting deliver more than the large.

How is Team Ford in Vegas doing? have they gotten any? Correct me if i'm wrong but think I read that they had the largest allocation of g2s nationwide.

Works for me. My tiny dealer just has the single allocation. Granted I'm screwed if she decides to ask for more $. But I'm content in that if she does that, I walk and go buy something else. Granted it won't be a Raptor, but i'll have the peace of mind to know that I didn't pay over MSRP to pad the pockets of a car dealer.