Got my VIN and delivery date today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to lose my shit. My guy @ Century Ford told me on October 3rd that I had a build date of November 21st. I just took his word and posted on here and then left the sweet girls on the Ford Service FB page alone. Until yesterday. I got a weird feeling so I asked the girls. She responded and said my build date has not been set and I'm sitting in processesing. Again, I feel like I have been swindled by this dealer. They woo'd me away from a smaller local deal with the promise of ordering me their first allocation. Now I feel like I made a horrible mistake. Any advice?

I would call the dealer with the info you have and demand a conference call with the zone rep. The zone rep can tell you who was submitted first and how many allocations they actually have along with when each allocation will be used.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to lose my shit. My guy @ Century Ford told me on October 3rd that I had a build date of November 21st. I just took his word and posted on here and then left the sweet girls on the Ford Service FB page alone. Until yesterday. I got a weird feeling so I asked the girls. She responded and said my build date has not been set and I'm sitting in processesing. Again, I feel like I have been swindled by this dealer. They woo'd me away from a smaller local deal with the promise of ordering me their first allocation. Now I feel like I made a horrible mistake. Any advice?

I would call the dealer and talk to them about the situation. Don't get angry, calmly tell them you don't understand what is going on. It may have been an honest mistake.

If you change horses at this point you may end up in worse shape.

colt.smithson

Reaction score
Just spoke to a dealer in central Texas. They have 5 customer orders and will be getting the first on the lot "very soon". Also told me they will have units on the lot for retail buyers at the big inning of January. This is all word of mouth but I found it interesting. I have another raptor on order but I'm number 5 on their list in Wichita, TX so I was hunting an ETA. Congrats on the guys with a VIN.

Corey77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the delivery date from?

I've seen several Raptor window stickers lately here and they all have SPECIAL ORDER on them. Mine is the only one I've seen without that.

Anyone have any idea why?

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With My Luck

Found a dealer today , semi local, with an allocation of 3 and no orders. Wondering if I should take a chance and cancel my other order and go for it. Sigh.... don't know.

Well I was thinking about doing the same thing?

But with my luck it will take longer, but I would like to find a CA dealer at MSRP.

I guess I would wait longer if it was closer to invoice, but really need a truck.

I'm just frustrated at this point!

Ford Sucks!

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I was thinking about doing the same thing?

But with my luck it will take longer, but I would like to find a CA dealer at MSRP.

I guess I would wait longer if it was closer to invoice, but really need a truck.

I'm just frustrated at this point!

Ford Sucks!

From what I've read on here, if you're in KA, you're more or less screwed if looking to buy at MSRP.

There are threads where KA folks have bought in NV or elsewhere. Maybe someone from KA will PM you with advice or assistance.

Good luck.

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CA

From what I've read on here, if you're in KA, you're more or less screwed if looking to buy at MSRP.

There are threads where KA folks have bought in NV or elsewhere. Maybe someone from KA will PM you with advice or assistance.

Good luck.

Yes i have called almost all CA dealers, they are 5k to 26k over MSRP

I have a order in at Team Ford in Vegas, ordered 8/1 but still no build date or vin#.

Scrappy Doo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Convoy it says on the window sticker and ford service on facebook told me delivery date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised you get yours by truck in TX. I'm much closer to Dearborn than that and mine says rail on the sticker.

Weird, but that's Ford for ya!

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

I've seen several Raptor window stickers lately here and they all have SPECIAL ORDER on them. Mine is the only one I've seen without that.

Anyone have any idea why?

Your truck was ordered as a stock order then and your name was not attached to it.