Got my production date but what does it mean?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19perf-blue

Reaction score
I received my build date today I’m just wondering in all reality what it really means.
I ordered on 4/19/22 I now have a build date of the week of 6/6/22. I wasn’t expecting the build date and window sticker for at least another month. Should I expect the date to push? And if it actually gets built on time how long will it take to get to me? Just curious. Thanks for any information.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Everybody would only be guessing. If all goes well and no more parts shortages, etc, it could get built then, then it could sit waiting for delivery for who knows how long. Not going to get it before July would be my guess. Only Ford knows for sure. There are a couple members who are hooked up on here, maybe they could offer more info. Hope you get it in June though!

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received my build date today I’m just wondering in all reality what it really means.
I ordered on 4/19/22 I now have a build date of the week of 6/6/22. I wasn’t expecting the build date and window sticker for at least another month. Should I expect the date to push? And if it actually gets built on time how long will it take to get to me? Just curious. Thanks for any information.

It will probably be pushed back; you may even have more features deleted, but don't worry you will get a small credit.

After its built and completed it may only take 2 weeks to get to the dealer since you are located in Michigan assuming that's where the dealer you purchased from is located. It's all hearsay, Ford is the only welder of this knowledge

OP
OP
19perf-blue

19perf-blue

Reaction score
It will probably be pushed back; you may even have more features deleted, but don't worry you will get a small credit.

After its built and completed it may only take 2 weeks to get to the dealer since you are located in Michigan assuming that's where the dealer you purchased from is located. It's all hearsay, Ford is the only welder of this knowledge
I’m actually in Utah., But I did get an additional email today that actually move my build it up two weeks into me. So I’m really confused now

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m actually in Utah., But I did get an additional email today that actually move my build it up two weeks into me. So I’m really confused now

They did that recently with my wife's 2nd order for an Explorer ST. It's suppose to be good news.

klvanzu

Reaction score
Like others have said, it’s impossible to know. Theoretically, having a build date means that Ford has allocated the parts and your truck should be built on that date. However, Ford’s suppliers have consistently been late on providing those parts, and it’s not limited to microchips as the media would have you believe. Ford has also had shipping delays caused by driver shortages. As an example, my truck’s original build date was 1/3 but pushed back to 1/16. At that time it was missing microchips, so it sat for another 2 months awaiting those, and they took 3 weeks to be received by the dealership (on 4/6). Dealer had to spend 2 days on recalls and updates and I picked it up on 4/9. There are other similar trucks built before mine that still haven’t been received, and others built after that were received within a month of the build date.

Based on what I’ve been reading I don’t think things are any better now but also don’t believe them to be any worse. Just expect a crap shoot.

OP
OP
19perf-blue

19perf-blue

Reaction score
Like others have said, it’s impossible to know. Theoretically, having a build date means that Ford has allocated the parts and your truck should be built on that date. However, Ford’s suppliers have consistently been late on providing those parts, and it’s not limited to microchips as the media would have you believe. Ford has also had shipping delays caused by driver shortages. As an example, my truck’s original build date was 1/3 but pushed back to 1/16. At that time it was missing microchips, so it sat for another 2 months awaiting those, and they took 3 weeks to be received by the dealership (on 4/6). Dealer had to spend 2 days on recalls and updates and I picked it up on 4/9. There are other similar trucks built before mine that still haven’t been received, and others built after that were received within a month of the build date.

Based on what I’ve been reading I don’t think things are any better now but also don’t believe them to be any worse. Just expect a crap shoot.
Yeah that’s kinda what I thought. Thanks. On the bright side I received an email saying they moved my build date up two weeks to the 23rd of may so we’ll see I guess.