Got my production date but what does it mean?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

echap82

Reaction score
I ordered my 801a 37pp last October, don't even have a VIN or production date yet. What package did you go with that you already have a build date??

OP
OP
19perf-blue

19perf-blue

Reaction score
I ordered my 801a 37pp last October, don't even have a VIN or production date yet. What package did you go with that you already have a build date??
I ordered the 801A package in a 35" couldnt get a 37" allocation. I have a production date of the week of the 28th of may but we'll see if it actually happens that way.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I received my build date today I’m just wondering in all reality what it really means.
I ordered on 4/19/22 I now have a build date of the week of 6/6/22. I wasn’t expecting the build date and window sticker for at least another month. Should I expect the date to push? And if it actually gets built on time how long will it take to get to me? Just curious. Thanks for any information.
It really boils down to the option(s) or lack of that you selected and then as @CoronaRaptor stated it could very well sit for months fully finished on the lot awaiting transit.

My individual example: I ordered Oct 8 21, it was built Dec 8 2021 after 4 production date slips from original build date. I had no parts hold and it sat on the lot awaiting transit, I eventually got the dealer to contact the zone rep to get it moving if possibly and took delivery in Feb of 22. I didn't want, so purposely ordered with no sunroof, no decals, standard wheels, no applique, no bed liner, no bed cover etc to hopefully get as quick as possible and added wheels, bed liner and cover after market. The constraints for some options/parts are even greater now so I would argue mine was best case scenario less the transit issue. My parents have been waiting on a buick stuck awaiting transit for over 3 months. Trucking shortage is real on top of all the supply/parts issues...

Last edited:
OP
OP
19perf-blue

19perf-blue

Reaction score
It really boils down to the option(s) or lack of that you selected and then as @CoronaRaptor stated it could very well sit for months fully finished on the lot awaiting transit.

My individual example: I ordered Oct 8 21, it was built Dec 8 2021 after 4 production date slips from origianl build date. I had no parts hold and it sat on the lot awaiting transit, I eventually got the dealer to contact the zone rep to get it moving if possibly and took delivery in Feb of 22. I didn't want, so purposely ordered with no sunroof, no decals, standard wheels, no applique, no bed liner, no bed cover etc to hopefully get as quick as possible and added wheels, bed liner and cover after market. The constraints for some options/parts are even greater now so I would argue mine was best case scenario less the transit issue. My parents have been waiting on a buick stuck awaiting transit for over 3 months. Trucking shortage is real on top of all the supply/parts issues...
Wow, thanks for the info

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Hopefully your dealer actual had a 37 allocation for you, otherwise it won't move forward and you'll just have to work to get a 23' allocation. Without an actual fullfilled allocation it doesn't get built...