Gorman, Ca February 2nd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay I would like to book my hotel today. So where is the consensus on where to stay? I am thinking of the Hyatt by Magic Mountain... Archon Is this near your hood?

Also I am sure I wont be as prepared as most of you. Will only be rocking a handheld radio, and still haven't gotten my full size spare. but whatever. Any Miscellaneous items you can think we should bring?

Looking forward to this, and meeting you all.

OP
OP
jackrook

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay I would like to book my hotel today. So where is the consensus on where to stay? I am thinking of the Hyatt by Magic Mountain... Archon Is this near your hood? Also I am sure I wont be as prepared as most of you. Will only be rocking a handheld radio, and still haven't gotten my full size spare. but whatever. Any Miscellaneous items you can think we should bring? Looking forward to this, and meeting you all.

Your handheld will be fine just make sure it's fully charged. Bring H2o for drinking. Stock spare should be ok.

Yeah those planning to spend Saturday night, please let us know where you're staying so we can look up a nice bar/restaurant for a Prerun dinner

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your handheld will be fine just make sure it's fully charged. Bring H2o for drinking. Stock spare should be ok.

Yeah those planning to spend Saturday night, please let us know where you're staying so we can look up a nice bar/restaurant for a Prerun dinner

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Sounds good. Yeah I would like to know where to book by today if at all possible.

Hopefully the handheld I got is at least pre-programmed with the right channels.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking at the Hyatt in Valencia to set up for the evening before the run. It's close to the bars/restaurants in the town center. Rates are between $140-$160 for the night.

Anyone else have other ideas? If not, I'm going to pull the trigger by 1630 today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at the Hyatt in Valencia to set up for the evening before the run. It's close to the bars/restaurants in the town center. Rates are between $140-$160 for the night.

Anyone else have other ideas? If not, I'm going to pull the trigger by 1630 today.

That is the place I was looking at. I am down to do that one. I sent Archon a PM asking if this was they Hyatt he was talking about being near his hood. It don't matter to me. Just looking to book it as well. I will check back in here later today and book something.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe it's the one he's talking about. It's about a 30 min drive to the park from the Hyatt.

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe it's the one he's talking about. It's about a 30 min drive to the park from the Hyatt.

Sounds good. Looks like that is were I will be booking. I will hold off until a little alter today just to make sure.

It will be nice to actually get to meet you guys, when I got to the last ocotillo run, we immediately went on a run and only had a few quick minutes to introduce myself.