GooseTuned GT700 Big Turbo review ‘21 Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pardon my poor grammar on this post (posting from my phone).

After watching @GooseTuned YouTube videos at least fifty times I rang Winfield in mid April and ordered his GT 700 kit. He took care of ordering all the parts, scheduling the shop install and scheduling dyno time. I got the truck to Rigo Built Garage in El Paso on May 6th and they installed the kit and did some maintenance I’ve been needing to do. My truck had 51k miles on it at the time of install. Winfield and I decided on May 15th for the dyno tune, he had prior arrangements and I had to schedule around my son’s travel baseball.
I flew back to El Paso and witnessed Winfield work his magic on the dyno. It was like watching Michelangelo paint the Sistine Chapel ceiling, the dude is amazing and a total professional. He tuned the truck on 93 octane and it made 534WHP. We took it for a quick spin and instantly I knew it was a totally different truck. Road matters are just like stock until you hammer the throttle and all hell breaks loose. It’s an absolute monster! I immediately drove 250 miles back home after tuning at 88MPH (great Scott!) with no issues at all. Winfield was kind enough to toss a base E85 map on the truck for me, knowing I would not be able to resist adding that to the order. Two days later I drove it to Dallas and back and the truck performed flawlessly. I found E85 in Dallas and the truck absolutely rips on ethanol. I logged a few runs and Winfield fine tuned the truck again. Unbelievably fast turn around on the tunes. In 10 days I’ve put 1450 miles on the kit and it’s an absolute blast to drive. It will flat out haul a$$! It will light up the tires with traction control off from a standstill. It pulls hard through every gear. I have to pay attention to my speedometer because the truck will hit triple digits in no time at all. Spool is just like stock, but you have to learn to drive the truck again. You don’t need near the throttle you’re used to using.
I found E85 locally and that is all I have been running now. The truck sounds much better with the SPD catted pipes…It’s loud and the sound makes it obvious engine work has been done to the truck.
If anyone is debating going big turbos on their gen 3 I would suggest you get on it asap. It’s a wild experience, I wish I had done it sooner. I’ve been on the hunt for an R and a TRX but only seen them when I’m in my wife’s Yukon. Ha.

Winfield has the patience of a saint and he is a total professional. I will also add he is genuinely a good human being. I enjoyed visiting with him and his wife Marley. I talked her ear off. Haha

Below is the kit I ordered

Most of you guys might have already seen the video but here it is again

Don’t hesitate order the kit asap.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so was your truck stage2 prior to the big turbo? how much a difference was it going big turbo compared to stage2, if that was the case was for you?
Yes, I had stage two before the GT 700. I went stage 2 at 12k miles.
Going from stock to stage 2 is a huge jump but this doesn’t even compare. I would say it’s twice the experience going from stock to stage 2, especially on ethanol.

leinad1904

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw the video the other day, pretty cool. Question for you, how much louder are the downpipes? I know that’s subjective, but is it loud enough to be annoying on a long highway drive in normal exhaust mode?