Going in with Cash Offer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John L.

Reaction score
I offered to pay cash for my 2018, Lightning Blue, 802A, SCREW. No break offered. I paid $72,595 MSRP plus $350 processing fee. Other dealerships in the area add $6K-$10K on top of MSRP just to buy one off the lot. I ordered mine exactly the way I wanted it from KOONS of Baltimore in November, 2017 and picked it up in January 2018. I used credit cards and then paid the credit cards off with cash. Love those miles and cash back!

bjinc

Reaction score
Hey, small world. I bought mine from Koons for the same deal - they were the only ones who weren't trying to charge over MSRP. Jerry's in Alexandria has two of them just sitting there collecting dust because of their absurd markups.

Mia

Reaction score
Paid cash (personal check) for mine Tuesday. It was MSRP regardless of cash or financing. I did do $1500 better on my trade than another dealer though. Again had nothing to do with paying cash.

Bottom line....cash only helps negotiations in private sales.

Last edited:

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It also helps them realize that you are more qualified and serious of a buyer vs. the other guy who has 5K to put down and needs to finance the rest with shaky credit and get to a payment he might/might not be able to afford. That go around BS. Can take hours and is a waste of everyone’s time when you finally get to the payment you wanted and you still walk away.

Most dealers realize that they can give more on trade vs. lower their price in hopes that they keep the market strong for the next person who wants the same great deal. I know that I always seem to win on that side of the deal more than the other side of things.