Go Pro Mount - best location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is the best place to mount the go pro? Looks like SoCo has had it on the roof. I assume with a suction cup mount? Thoughts?

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few things I have learned. IF you are leading or solo, the hood or roof works fine (paint..not the vinyl). If you are following, mount it to your windshield on the inside of the truck. All of my video from the Outlaw Raptor Run was unusable due to the amount of dust that ended up on my GoPro.

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
I use the head mount and drive with that sucka on

Makes a cool POV

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Where is the best place to mount the go pro? Looks like SoCo has had it on the roof. I assume with a suction cup mount? Thoughts?

I had it mounted on the hood, just forward of the middle of it. Cool thing about them is that you can just mount it practically anywhere and get some really cool views.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use the head mount and drive with that sucka on

Makes a cool POV

That's what I'm gonna do with mine. I know it seems corny when you're doing it, but your videos inspired me, I find it the most enjoyable view yet in watching offroad vids since you get to watch all the driver input and the view ahead.

I wonder what my girlfriend is gonna say when I show up in the bedroom wearing nothing but the GoPro and headstrap.....

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies.

a few things i have learned. If you are leading or solo, the hood or roof works fine (paint..not the vinyl). If you are following, mount it to your windshield on the inside of the truck. All of my video from the outlaw raptor run was unusable due to the amount of dust that ended up on my gopro.

i will be solo most of the time, so excited to get to mount it outside.

i use the head mount and drive with that sucka on

makes a cool pov

this sounds cool, but at 6'4" i am not sure i would get a very good camera view from the top of my head.

i had it mounted on the hood, just forward of the middle of it. Cool thing about them is that you can just mount it practically anywhere and get some really cool views.

obviously everyone is confident the camera is sticking no matter what?? Hood gets hot - but no issues?

i wonder what my girlfriend is gonna say when i show up in the bedroom wearing nothing but the gopro and headstrap.....

might be good opportunity to use the upside down view. . . Sorry could not pass that up.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive mounted mine on the back and front of hood, the front and back of roof, the back quarter panel, front quarter panel, mounted to my SDHQ bumper (on top, facing back, on top looking down the side, and under the bumper looking at the front suspension).

Also under the floorpan, looking at the Slip Yoke, under the rear bumper on both sides facing the rear suspension, the top of backseat facing the front dash, and inside the cab in the center of the glass, viewing the entire cab (and outside all windows).

The limits are your imagination !

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
Got another vid in the works check it