Gloss vinyl wrap thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glamisbound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are everyones thoughts or experiences with installing/maintaining gloss vinyl. Everyone usually goes with matte but im not a huge fan of it. Thinking if wrapping my truck the gloss anthracite grey but not sure about the gloss.

OP
OP
glamisbound

glamisbound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I would think gloss shows more scratches. But im not worried about that as id rather have scratches on vinyl than on my paint. And yes I do, tryin to protect paint from desert pinstripes though. Can redo vinyl panels easily.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, another thing to consider might bbe the glare off of the glossy hood when the sun hits it. Maybe do a combo thing? I Think this is why the factory offered these graphics as an option :)

ALLOUTWARN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are everyones thoughts or experiences with installing/maintaining gloss vinyl. Everyone usually goes with matte but im not a huge fan of it. Thinking if wrapping my truck the gloss anthracite grey but not sure about the gloss.

Gloss vinyl is kinda rough to maintain, especially if you take you truck in the dirt. It scratches, swirls and gets a dull haze very easily. Every car that ive wrapped in gloss material the customer always comes back to have it removed and/or switched to matte material. I have my fender flares and bumpers wrapped in gloss material on both my raptors and have actually had pretty good luck with it minus a couple small rock chips on the flares.