GJ Motorsports 3rd Brake Light Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motoman289

Reaction score
Well, spend some time tonight working through my issues. thought I had everything figured out and thought that i had found the "correct" green and brown wire. Once it got dark I went out to see what everything looked like, when in reverse, the lights not coming on without hitting the cargo light button. Other than that, it functions 100% like the typical lamp, turning on an off on its own when the truck is locked, unlocked and started. Anyone else experience similar symptoms? Am I still on the wrong green and brown wire?

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
C0CBE061-123B-4AE8-99B8-C3F4BA3F4D32.png
Well, spend some time tonight working through my issues. thought I had everything figured out and thought that i had found the "correct" green and brown wire. Once it got dark I went out to see what everything looked like, when in reverse, the lights not coming on without hitting the cargo light button. Other than that, it functions 100% like the typical lamp, turning on an off on its own when the truck is locked, unlocked and started. Anyone else experience similar symptoms? Am I still on the wrong green and brown wire?
Yes, on the wrong green/brown wire. The diagram is upside down to how you are seeing it in your truck. I made sure I was on the correct pin.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As Wfo wrote, I wrote this earlier as well. Not sure if you saw it, but there's a big note at the top saying it's reversed. You have to make sure you're on the C2280C Connectors. It'll be reversed.

upload_2019-8-7_21-29-48-png.127417

Uf28denied

Reaction score
It's why we sell the GJ Motorsports brand over the other cheaper ones on the market... it's all about the quality.
Do you guys have the brake light without the s2’s I already ordered them from you! Lol I would want the black powder coated light with a clear work/scene in the center, basic harness and y-splitter! On the gj website it says 2-3 weeks!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes we sell the housing without lights if you want. You can configure it that way on our site.

Our site also says 2-3 weeks but I'll let you in on a secret... we USUALLY keep stock on them because they move. I just got a new shipment in today I believe (or it's coming in later today when UPS shows up).

Uf28denied

Reaction score
Yes we sell the housing without lights if you want. You can configure it that way on our site.

Our site also says 2-3 weeks but I'll let you in on a secret... we USUALLY keep stock on them because they move. I just got a new shipment in today I believe (or it's coming in later today when UPS shows up).
Ordered!! Thanks man!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks man. Your other order should be arriving today. You got our last custom harness in stock on that as well. You probably also got the last GJ we have in stock after today's shipment comes in and we fulfill the back orders.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the order disco. I believe you just snagged our last one. Inventory hasn't even arrived yet and everything is sold out from todays orders and the existing back orders. Going to have to place another re-stock order lol

jfo1z

Reaction score
901684e03c5c2b1c16895b1d42bfbc31.jpgd32afdb7ec4722761d9bbcf927782f12.jpg

Does this look right? I was thinking the ground and part that is mounted to the back seat rear wall would be closer to the break light connection and not close to the front floor hook ups as pictured

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk